Recent retirees

upsgrunt

Hi all, wondering how long it took from time of sending documents in to getting award letter in mail ? Thanks
I'm not sure if you mean the pension award, or the retirement gift selection.
I retired October 1st; never got a catalog, so I called yesterday. They told me I need a redemption code, and that I was still listed as an active employee. I told her I've gotten 4 pension checks already, and I can assure you I'm NOT active, and I'm NOT coming back. Who runs that place?!?!

rod

Retired 22 years
it took about 3 months for me to get my retirement gift. Definitely not something near the top of their priority list.
Is this something new? I never got anything as a retirement gift from the company. I did get one from the Union though (a nice pen , a license plate holder and a small tool set)--- all with "Retired Teamster Local 638" imprinted on them. .

Jpaul66

I'm not sure if you mean the pension award, or the retirement gift selection.
I retired October 1st; never got a catalog, so I called yesterday. They told me I need a redemption code, and that I was still listed as an active employee. I told her I've gotten 4 pension checks already, and I can assure you I'm NOT active, and I'm NOT coming back. Who runs that place?!?!
Sorry I meant pension letter that says your retired

oldngray

nowhere special
Is this something new? I never got anything as a retirement gift from the company. I did get one from the Union though (a nice pen , a license plate holder and a small tool set)--- all with "Retired Teamster Local 638" imprinted on them. .
You get to choose a gift from a catalog. Value of the items is probably around $100. Not great but better than nothing.

Shiftless

Sorry I meant pension letter that says your retired
When I retired, I was sent a letter from the Teamster Retirement Pension Retirement Plan after I asked for a retirement packet.

BUT! You have to recognize! NONE of Teamster Pension plans are the same!! On top of that! As an example: My health insurance when I retired even to this date is still thru UPS and not the Teamsters! So before you retire address this issue, as it should be at the top of your retirement list of things to be correctly identified and in place BEFORE you walk out that door!

I was in the WCT. They were very helpful for the region I was in.

Prior to them sending me a letter, I had to apply for retirement with them. I had to I.D my preferences of how I wanted my pension distributed. Once approved, I got my packet back with the date I wanted to retire. All I needed was to sign and date and return. It was at that point I notified my Manager the date I was DONE! He spoke to payroll. Altho this was almost 17 years ago I too was in contact with our payroll clerk and she had all my statement/check stubs for my remaining monies all paid out weekly pay stubs.

Your retirement is Important but pay close attention to your retirement HEALTHCARE if you are pre Medicare!

2 cents
Bottom Line Cross your Tee's and Dot you Eye's BEFORE you retire!

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Don't underestimate their ability to screw things up. Especially when HR outsources a lot of the work to a third party.
Exactly. Both the company and union have me down for a retirement date mid-Sept. 2018. My last official day was last day of May, while my last worked day was towards the end of April. Vacation got me to end of May. 1st pension check deposited June 1st. It was so screwed up, UPS actually paid me for July 4th and Labor Day, direct deposited. Even while still working there they wouldn't pay holidays if you didn't work enough hours to qualify for holiday pay. Yet they paid me for Labor day, and I hadn't worked a single day in 3 1/2 months...🤷‍♂️

satellitedriver

Hi all, wondering how long it took from time of sending documents in to getting award letter in mail ? Thanks
My reward letter came from my bank.
Pension check deposited.
Retirement from UPS is a simple process online, even for an old fart like me.
The yearly safety awards catalog was a cool selection award.

Johney

10 days from when I sent the estimate paperwork in to see that it matched the retirement calculater. 10 days after I completed the paperwork online and emailed it to the pension people UPS/Teamsters that they said I was good to retire on my set date..
it took about 3 months for me to get my retirement gift. Definitely not something near the top of their priority list.
Got mine today. I ordered it a week ago.
You get to choose a gift from a catalog. Value of the items is probably around $100. Not great but better than nothing.
Got a Bushnell Rangefinder for my son, I think it sells for around $200. They had at least 100 things to choose from.

Re-Raise

10 days from when I sent the estimate paperwork in to see that it matched the retirement calculater. 10 days after I completed the paperwork online and emailed it to the pension people UPS/Teamsters that they said I was good to retire on my set date..

Got mine today. I ordered it a week ago.

Got a Bushnell Rangefinder for my son, I think it sells for around $200. They had at least 100 things to choose from.
On upsers?

I haven’t tried to log in since I retired

Johney

On upsers?

I haven’t tried to log in since I retired
Yes. There is still some things I can view. My name still appears on the top,but my employee ID is gone. As far as the retirement gift they sent me a code in the mail and I was able to look at all the stuff and pick one. Just had to call them to order it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes. There is still some things I can view. My name still appears on the top,but my employee ID is gone. As far as the retirement gift they sent me a code in the mail and I was able to look at all the stuff and pick one. Just had to call them to order it.
For a while they cut off retirees from Upsers right after I retired but they changed it back. When that happened is when I started coming to Browncafe for answers.

Johney

For a while they cut off retirees from Upsers right after I retired but they changed it back. When that happened is when I started coming to Browncafe for answers.
Yea I can see the front page and go through some stuff, but like the HR stuff and my job description are gone.