Recognition

VT Pizza

Hi! I'm not a UPS employee however I discovered this forum after a google search. What is the best way to recognize a UPS driver for their outstanding service from a company that receives deliveries from UPS? We have a really great driver and I'd like to give him a shout-out for his exceptional service.

Cementups

Box Monkey
tell him yourself or possibly UPS's Facebook or twitter page.

I've had numbers people in the past tell me they sent letters or emails or made phone calls about my service and taking care of the customers needs but somehow that communication never gets to the employee.

tell him yourself or possibly UPS's Facebook or twitter page.

I've had numbers people in the past tell me they sent letters or emails or made phone calls about my service and taking care of the customers needs but somehow that communication never gets to the employee.
But It sure has a way of getting back to you, when you mess up!

VT Pizza

Thanks. I think he knows how well we think of him as we tell him consistently but I would like to know how to compliment him to his upper management at UPS and was wondering what the best way was, since we only know his first name.

BrownDooDoo

Call the center for that employee and tell them. Maybe you can give him a gift.

Make him a home made dish?

Money is always and option but somewhat less sincere.

Get home a small radio for his truck.

Get him a headband with a light on it so he can have light when he needs it hands free while he's out in the dark trying to get his overloaded truck off lol

You'll have better luck getting him a gift of some kind and communicating your self. Cause the management wont give him anything lol.

Theyll probably tell you, well actually so and so is always this or always that, and we want him to get it done faster so maybe you can talk to him less so hes in and out faster.

VT Pizza

Wow, really? Sad. :(

I will look into getting him a personalized gift but we would really like to recognize him to his superiors to let them know what a great employee they have and how much we appreciate him to buff up his employee file. We can give him all the gifts in the world but coming from a "customer service" (we are a restaurant) point of view, there is no real chain of command to send a shout-out to his superiors to let them know what a gem they have?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You might get him in trouble for "over servicing the customer." Actually one of the bosses at your company could take the driver aside and tell them how much they are appreciated. A cold drink always makes my day. Believe me, we can tell which customers appreciate us and which ones take us for granted.

BrownDooDoo

Oh yeah you can, but they just most likely wont care. They might tell him.

If you want to go that route just call up his hub and tell them First Name driver who delivers to X Restaurant in XYZ Area is an exceptional employee. They might put it in his record. He could put it in his own records if he keeps any. It all depends on his hub and the management there

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Used to be that management would like to hear positive things about drivers. Now our own company could care less about years of safe driving or years of service.

VT Pizza

Thanks everyone. I wish it was easy to compliment you all for the work you do - take it from me, a "deliveree" when you are are awesome WE NOTICE and APPRECIATE it. Sucks that we can't easily compliment you to the powers that be!

hnc

You could write a nice letter, give it to him for his file. Give him a gift with it then call his manager. Covers all bases.

Sent using BrownCafe App

VT Pizza

Call the center for that employee and tell them. Maybe you can give him a gift.

Make him a home made dish?

Money is always and option but somewhat less sincere.

Get home a small radio for his truck.

Get him a headband with a light on it so he can have light when he needs it hands free while he's out in the dark trying to get his overloaded truck off lol

You'll have better luck getting him a gift of some kind and communicating your self. Cause the management wont give him anything lol.

Theyll probably tell you, well actually so and so is always this or always that, and we want him to get it done faster so maybe you can talk to him less so hes in and out faster.

VT Pizza

Just a thought haha. The headlamp is a really cool idea I think
If you think. I don't think our UPS guy, "Dan", works nights, but I don't know. I just want him to know how much we appreciate him. I just cannot fathom a homemade meal from me to him as being a "gift" and a headlamp? Well, I guess. I'll ask him in person.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow, really? Sad. :(

I will look into getting him a personalized gift but we would really like to recognize him to his superiors to let them know what a great employee they have and how much we appreciate him to buff up his employee file. We can give him all the gifts in the world but coming from a "customer service" (we are a restaurant) point of view, there is no real chain of command to send a shout-out to his superiors to let them know what a gem they have?

1-800-742-5877

Tell the operator you would like to call in a complimentary concern. Give them the driver's first name and your business location. His mgt team will pass along your thanks to him personally.

Sent using BrownCafe App