Recording While Traveling

PeasAndCarrots

Searched for this topic but couldn't find much.

Our center has been ranting about RWT for about a month now, threatening to take "action" against drivers if they can't stop having this happen. Are other centers making noise about this as well or is it just us?

Also, I'm still new to driving (since August) and I was wondering how exactly recording while traveling works? I never show up on the lists but all I will ever do while the car is in motion is tap the scan button to double check a street number. Thanks in advance guys.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Our center has been ranting about RWT for about a month now, threatening to take "action" against drivers if they can't stop having this happen. Are other centers making noise about this as well or is it just us?

Also, I'm still new to driving (since August) and I was wondering how exactly recording while traveling works? I never show up on the lists but all I will ever do while the car is in motion is tap the scan button to double check a street number. Thanks in advance guys.
Completeing a stop while the truck is turned on will get you a recording while idle or recording while in travel, depending on if the wheels were moving or not. According to the methods you learned you should know your next 5 stops, nevermind your next. Try applying what you learned and create good habits, it will serve you well if you plan on being here very long.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

That doesn't show on a report.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Deny, deny, deny!!!
The company can not use technology to bring punishment on you. They must actually see you performing accused act.
After all, it could be a bad synchronization of sensors.

BrownChoice

Yea they can see on a report any button youve pushed and when you pushed it. Cross checking that with vehicle telematics... Bingo

does that mean they do this? Highly doubtful.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am a chronic offender, I probably average 5 or 10 per day. I go to check my next few stops (which by itself wont trigger a report) and accidentally hit the button twice which causes the DIAD to actually scan, which will show up on the recording while traveling/idling report. Its really not a good habit to get into. Fortunately, unless they actually see you doing it, they cant take disciplinary action based solely on the report.

The Driver

I drive.

I do the same thing and I realize I probably shouldn't. I'm trying to do my best to remember the next few addresses lately; what I find helpful is to just repeat the street number over and over out loud like an insane person as I do my work. I'm new too, maybe I'll get over this and the strange looks will stop...

The Driver

I drive.
I'm glad this topic got brought up. Since we're mostly all guilty of this at one time or another (even simply double-checking the next address while traveling), I think an interesting way to resolve some of the distraction would be for the monitor to actually say the next number every 10 seconds or so while the car is moving. Of course you could opt to turn it off, but I think there's a benefit here.

Johney

I have been told exactly what Sober said. Stop complete/scanning while engine running or wheels turning will generate a blip on the radar.

PT Car Washer

I get dinged when I pull into a pick up and the customer waves me off. You are suppose to turn the truck off and record no pick up. Sups never say anything about telematics reports anymore. Got bigger fish to fry.

Indecisi0n

^^I been dinged a few times but that story is for another day.

I been told if you hit the scan button (even if the red led comes on) that DOESNT show on the report. Like said above you need to either scan a barcode while idle/driving, enter/close out a pickup, or send/received a message while idle/driving to get hit.

barnyard

KTM rider
I get dinged when I pull into a pick up and the customer waves me off. You are suppose to turn the truck off and record no pick up.

Just hit stop complete at the next stop. My old route has 4 flag stops and a couple where if there is nothing, a reception will wave us off from her desk, which is easy to see from the parking lot. At the next stop, hit stop complete which brings you to your current stop.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just hit stop complete at the next stop. My old route has 4 flag stops and a couple where if there is nothing, a reception will wave us off from her desk, which is easy to see from the parking lot. At the next stop, hit stop complete which brings you to your current stop.

Suppose you are on a country run and the next pickup is 10 miles away-----would you give the same advice?

Stop the pkg car, turn it off, complete the stop, start it back up, go to next stop.

barnyard

KTM rider
Suppose you are on a country run and the next pickup is 10 miles away-----would you give the same advice?

Yes.

On my old route, you could have 3 miles between a couple of stops and would do it several times a week.

It is the same thing as a NSN. If you go to an address, it is NSN, go to the next stop, sheet the NSN, deliver the current stop.

No point stopping if you do not have to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes.

On my old route, you could have 3 miles between a couple of stops and would do it several times a week.

It is the same thing as a NSN. If you go to an address, it is NSN, go to the next stop, sheet the NSN, deliver the current stop.

No point stopping if you do not have to.

....other than that pesky GPS thing....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I asked my driver supe when we got telematics and said that my way was the correct way.

So your sup said it was OK to rely on a sign at a pickup stop and, if the sign says "no", to drive to your next stop, no matter how far away it is, and then complete the pickup stop? This same sup also told you to not turn off the pkg car at NSN stops but to rather complete them at the next delivery stop?

barnyard

KTM rider
So your sup said it was OK to rely on a sign at a pickup stop and, if the sign says "no", to drive to your next stop, no matter how far away it is, and then complete the pickup stop? This same sup also told you to not turn off the pkg car at NSN stops but to rather complete them at the next delivery stop?

correct.