Red circled as PT Air driver

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
I have been an air driver for 4 years. I started driving seasonal ground service for the summer last week. I just looked @ my check, they paid me my air rate, and I did punch 06 ground code on my time card. Have I been red circled, or did payroll possibly make a mistake? I thought I read somewhere that once an air driver made progression that he/she would never have to start progression over as an ground driver and would be red circled @ top air rate until ground progression got higher. I thought that was for full time air drivers. Was I wrong, do full progression part time air drivers get red circled too?

PT Car Washer

Seasonal temp drivers have their own rate. Should not have paid you top air rate. Payroll will want you to pay back any overages. Going to be a long summer for you.

cb1969

If your pt rate is higher than the starting pay you are supposed to be red circled at that rate till you reach that amount in the temp progression. However, not everyone is paid how they are supposed to get paid. It sounds as if you got paid right.

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
I had accepted that I would make normal seasonal cover rate @ 16.10. Quite a surprise. My main concern is having to pay back for their mistake, if it is a mistake. I notified my steward. Waiting to see what he finds.

tiredofhelping

No, that sounds right. I had a less than 8 hour p/t air job before going full time driving. I asked HR person what my rate would be, it was my top air rate. Which, at the time was about $3-$4.00 more than my inside rate was. Talk about a nice surprise. You should keep the same rate (with general wage increases).

PT Car Washer

I agree with you about going full time driving that you would keep your higher rate. The OP said seasonal driver. I can make more money working PT.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
If you believe you're being overpaid, notify HR/payroll in writing and hopefully via certified mail (a certified letter to your hub's HR building should work and CC your local union) notifying them of the possible overpayment. Liability for such ceases after a certain period - 5 working days, I believe.

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
If you believe you're being overpaid, notify HR/payroll in writing and hopefully via certified mail (a certified letter to your hub's HR building should work and CC your local union) notifying them of the possible overpayment. Liability for such ceases after a certain period - 5 working days, I believe.

Are you speaking of my liability to pay back overpayment?

UPSER110

Im curious to see how this plays out. We had a guy that was a p/t sat air driver making $24 something, and a reg temp (jun 1- dec 31) making 21.13 (starting reg temp pay here) and he went full time and they are paying him 21.13... I will be in the same situation here in July when I go to top air rate.

opie

You can't start off at the air rate when going into full-time unless you are an bid air driver. Meaning...do you drive everyday? Just because somebody does Saturday Air doesn't mean anything, because their main job is likely inside and for much less. Check your paycheck under 'current pay rate', if its higher than the current full-time starting wage, then you keep your higher rate.