reddit: "Dealing with a potentially violent bully? My UPS guy threatened me."

over9five

Staff member
I don't get the name thing,this guy knew her name the first time she signed the board.
This whole spiel may be true but I smell something and it ain't coffee.
Agree with this. I hope you guys don't believe everything you read on the interwebz.

S

splozi

DS said:
I don't get the name thing,this guy knew her name the first time she signed the board. This whole spiel may be true but I smell something and it ain't coffee.
Agree with this. I hope you guys don't believe everything you read on the interwebz.
haux said:
She meant that they told him the name of the person who made the complaint. Since he already knew her name, he knew that she did it.

I GOT ONE MORE

Well, I think the blogger is articulate and has a cogent argument. It likely happened.

And I also think this driver is about to get a big wake up call.

He should apologize, bring a large degree of humility into his everyday demeanor going forward, and count his blessings.

Otherwise, the fan gonna get dirty.

over9five

Staff member
Well, I think the blogger is articulate and has a cogent argument. It likely happened.

And I also think this driver is about to get a big wake up call.

He should apologize, bring a large degree of humility into his everyday demeanor going forward, and count his blessings.

Otherwise, the fan gonna get dirty.
Lol, I wish he/she would post the lobby videos.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I see one side of the story, not the other. If any of you guys ever deliver to a hotel then you'd also experience the fact everyone treats you like you have the plague when you go to ask for a signature. I'm not making exscuses for this guy if it really went down like that but you all know how different people tell the same story and end up with totally different endings.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ive had it with the sig dodgers, and I think I fixed it. At least at one place, more to follow.
I deliver to a very large power company First Energy......They closed down the storeroom, put in automatic gates that you need a key card for. But there is a buzzer. Sometimes I can get through the gate, but cant get in the building where I have signed delivery notices. I have a girls number to call if I cant get in, sometimes she answers. Sometimes I cant get through the gate. Sometimes I can find a soul who will sign, sometimes, I dont see a soul. Sometimes I stand at the window and see people and they ignore me, sometimes I go to the garage and try to get a sig or a place to leave stuff, and sometimes they will sometimes they wont. So I quit, one stop, one door, get in or mark it not in. I do not care about UPS numbers, but a company as big as this needs a kick in the butt, Ill be happy to do it. Im not spending 15 minutes of my time, to deliver a stop. To search for a human, etc.
Seems the boss of the facility had to sit at my building and wait for me to pull in at 8pm. He had 8 pkgs in various stages ni1, ni2, and ni3 He was not happy, but polite. He said "well you just met the man who can get you a badge to get in". I told him "You are just the man I have been looking for for 2 years"
I have tried to get my sups to reach out and get hold of someone there to no avail. So I did it, thanks>

old levi's

blank space
Ive had it with the sig dodgers, and I think I fixed it. At least at one place, more to follow.
I deliver to a very large power company First Energy......They closed down the storeroom, put in automatic gates that you need a key card for. But there is a buzzer. Sometimes I can get through the gate, but cant get in the building where I have signed delivery notices. I have a girls number to call if I cant get in, sometimes she answers. Sometimes I cant get through the gate. Sometimes I can find a soul who will sign, sometimes, I dont see a soul. Sometimes I stand at the window and see people and they ignore me, sometimes I go to the garage and try to get a sig or a place to leave stuff, and sometimes they will sometimes they wont. So I quit, one stop, one door, get in or mark it not in. I do not care about UPS numbers, but a company as big as this needs a kick in the butt, Ill be happy to do it. Im not spending 15 minutes of my time, to deliver a stop. To search for a human, etc.
Seems the boss of the facility had to sit at my building and wait for me to pull in at 8pm. He had 8 pkgs in various stages ni1, ni2, and ni3 He was not happy, but polite. He said "well you just met the man who can get you a badge to get in". I told him "You are just the man I have been looking for for 2 years"
I have tried to get my sups to reach out and get hold of someone there to no avail. So I did it, thanks>

:yesssmileyf:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I dealt with something simiar a few years back as a Steward. Driver A got this portion of his route moved to another route. Driver B receoved this delivery, however Drivers A's girlfriend worked here and figured if she calls in some complaints against driver B she can see her boyfriend a few times a day at work when he gets the stop back.

Ds hit it perfectly, dont believe everything thats online. Shes scared now??? Wait until the Teamsters calls her to interview her!!! Think she will return those calls???

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We had a guy who opened a door to put a pkg inside to deliver it, and there she was stark naked, and from what I heard not a good thing. She got stuff almost every day, at the same time..............suddenly I had to pull every day as her husband called and said never let that guy come here again. As an after thought, they were asked to describe the said UPS guy. They said he was blonde. So the reg guy got it back, as he has jet black hair, never heard another word. Me thinks she was waiting..................

willis

sounds like BS to me.i know for a fact that at least at my center management would come down hard on a driver for this kind of thing. and the writer sounds damn paranoid, taking her info out of the white pages lmao. driver making 80 grand a year risk his job for this ****.

barnyard

KTM rider
driver making 80 grand a year risk his job for this ****.

I can see it happening.

There are a group of drivers that act as though the world revolves around them. If things do not go their way, they kick and scream until it does. These are the same drivers that give crappy service, throw packages and give other UPSers a bad name.

Many of us are professionals, but like every other profession, some are not.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
There was a case here a few months back. Where a driver followed a customer in to an elevator and beat her down, cops called, driver was arrested, driver was fired. Seems the union was not able to get his job back due to violence tendencies.

willis

There was a case here a few months back. Where a driver followed a customer in to an elevator and beat her down, cops called, driver was arrested, driver was fired. Seems the union was not able to get his job back due to violence tendencies.
i'm assuming the driver was a male? would love to hear what led him to go that route. im surprised the union even tried to get him his job back, dude should be worried about going to jail never mind his job.

willis

dont know anyone like that at my center, doubt he would last long if hes guilty of the things this story claims. had drivers with complaints from customers but none dealing with the customer being afraid of the driver. to be honest i dont believe the story, either that or the writer is a drama queen with an overactive imagination.

OptimusPrime

Anyone who is familiar with reddit will find this comment quite hilarious.

Not sure which direction you are leaning. While Reddit as a whole is not fishy, hell they have taken small deals and blown them up to front page news. But at the same time there is a subset there, karma whores, who will post fake, outlandish, impossible posts just for the "upboats". And using a huge global company to do it can usually work. I posted here before about a pic that blew up huge on Reddit. Was listed as a UPS driver throwing a package. It wasn't. But all the same it still blew up.