Reducing our hours now to make us unprepared strike later.

Shorts365

I noticed that hardly anyone in our center is getting the overtime they used to, and that management is pushing people to code 5. Sorry for putting on my tin foil hat, but I think they're intentionally trying to hinder our ability to save so that we'll be more tempted to cross the line in August. Also we have about thrice as many on-roads as we did this time last year. Thoughts?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I noticed that hardly anyone in our center is getting the overtime they used to, and that management is pushing people to code 5. Sorry for putting on my tin foil hat, but I think they're intentionally trying to hinder our ability to save so that we'll be more tempted to cross the line in August. Also we have about thrice as many on-roads as we did this time last year. Thoughts?
My bet is on pre-peak casual drivers burning up stops. Take off the tin foil hat.

If you waited until now to save a strike fund, you are screwed. Don't blame the company .

Brownwind

My bet is on pre-peak casual drivers burning up stops. Take off the tin foil hat.

If you waited until now to save a strike fund, you are screwed. Don't blame the company .
Yep. Enjoy some rest time before January 1 When normalcy returns

We make 100k and some in your center don’t have a slush savings fund. WOW. They’re in trouble

badpal

So have you decided whether you're going on strike next August because your working too many hours or not enough?

nWo

You and your stanky ass wife both don't need 2022 vehicles. Buy a 1990 civic and share it. She sits around and eats bonbons all day anyways. She don't need no Mercedes.

Shorts365

I get that they're training up the peak guys and worthless PVDs to an an extent, but the amount that they already have deployed seems excessive. I personally am in a good spot for an unpaid vacation next August (no kids, low overhead), but a lot of us are financially irresponsible, to say the least.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Should have started saving before now

nWo

This happens every year at this time. The seasonals start and the hours dip. Then peak hits and half the people that were complaining about losing hours are now crying about getting too many hours.

upser2020

Last year overtime was a free for all even before peak but the year before it was slim pickens in the month leading up to peak. Now it's like the year before last where it's not easy to find overtime but that's because they actually did get a bit ahead of the game on staffing up preparing for peak.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
They’ve been working PVD’s since November 1st, ran 47 of them today. After 4 years of running them, UPS has definitely worked out a lot of the kinks. Guys have seriously gone from bitching about excessive overtime to an excessive amount of unpaid bills. We all knew this was coming, this is the new UPS.

They’ve been working PVD’s since November 1st, ran 47 of them today. After 4 years of running them, UPS has definitely worked out a lot of the kinks. Guys have seriously gone from bitching about excessive overtime to an excessive amount of unpaid bills. We all knew this was coming, this is the new UPS.
Goldilocks syndrome: Either too hot or too cold, Either too soft or too hard.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Don't care about hours as long as it's somewhere between 40 and 50 hours a week. All i really am mad about is PVD, gateway drug to the gig economy, and I don't even own a personal vehicle anymore LOL