Reg temp driver

Hello I am a regtemp and Been working since August 2016 I am paid up on union initation and had a quick question. My brother passed unexpectedly on Monday. I got the cal at noon I called the center and let her know . I finished the day out and went home came in the next morning and was told to go home I was going to be paid for three days . So I thought wow that's cool great I went home and today my hub sup texts me and says hat I will not be paid for these days but my shop Stewart told me I should be paid. Does anyone know if I will be paid or just lies to by ups management?

KOG72

I’m full of it
Hello I am a regtemp and Been working since August 2016 I am paid up on union initation and had a quick question. My brother passed unexpectedly on Monday. I got the cal at noon I called the center and let her know . I finished the day out and went home came in the next morning and was told to go home I was going to be paid for three days . So I thought wow that's cool great I went home and today my hub sup texts me and says hat I will not be paid for these days but my shop Stewart told me I should be paid. Does anyone know if I will be paid or just lies to by ups management?
Hey Jeremy Change your name

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Sorry about your brother. You should get bereavement leave but looking at your start date, you might not have enough time in depending on your local union. Have your STEWARD double check his contract book for you.

Cementups

Box Monkey
They can't tell you what days to take off to take your bereavement leave.
And you should be paid but you may need to show proof like an obit or the program from the funeral.

Thank you guys I have a Letter from funeral director. I'm supposed to be off tommorow too but if I am not being paid for Wednesday and Thursday I can't afford to music any more days and it's not cool at all

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When my father passed away my center manager insisted that I take a "selfie" next to the open casket before he would pay me bereavement leave pay.

To the OP----you have only been here since August----I don't know if you have enough time on the books to receive bereavement leave pay.

Sorry for your loss.

BigD Bri

When my father passed away my center manager insisted that I take a "selfie" next to the open casket before he would pay me bereavement leave pay.

To the OP----you have only been here since August----I don't know if you have enough time on the books to receive bereavement leave pay.

Sorry for your loss.

No way he actually asked you to do that.. You are joking, right?

PT Car Washer

No way he actually asked you to do that.. You are joking, right?
Of course not. He is being sarcastic. Usually all you need is the newspaper obituary or the funeral program. They will put this into your file in case you try to scam the company on funeral pay. Crazy I know but it does happen.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Of course not. He is being sarcastic. Usually all you need is the newspaper obituary or the funeral program. They will put this into your file in case you try to scam the company on funeral pay. Crazy I know but it does happen.

My father lived in Mass. at the same time so I printed the online obituary just in case I needed it, which I didn't.

I guess it helps when you are a respected and valued employee.

BigD Bri

Thank God.. Hard to detect sarcasm on a message board sometimes.. Now that I think about it, it is pretty funny.. I saw a selfie somwhere that was taken at a funeral, and the deceased was accused of photobombing, guess that image was stuck in my head when I read that..

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

He doesn't work for UPS, but I had an uncle do this recently when a half-brother that he and my father had died. They (my uncle and the dead uncle) hadn't spoken a word in 30+ years. My uncle took the 3 days his job gave him and went fishing. I would never do it but its a real thing.

jaker

trolling

Sorry for your loss.
I was going to say I beat you did it , because management ask you to

I wouldn't give them any info and the moment they fought it I would call HR or the ethics line , but then again you are a very well liked LABOR worker

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was going to say I beat you did it , because management ask you to

I wouldn't give them any info and the moment they fought it I would call HR or the ethics line , but then again you are a very well liked LABOR worker

He actually passed away in early December but since we were having him cremated and only holding a small service at our convenience we decided to wait until the week after Christmas. My center manager appreciated that and gave me that whole week off with pay.