region / district collapses.

W

westsideworma

anyone hearing rumors about the east central region and five districts to be named going down?

I'm curious tie, what have you heard?

btw like your signature we have a variation of that in our building (the inmates run this asylum haha)

SimpleUPSer

I heard two regions and seven districts. While the numbers may not be accurate, the fact that we are all hearing the same thing might mean that there is some truth.

We will have to wait and see....

JustTired

free at last.......
To the typical Teamster, it won't mean anything. The only thing they'll notice is a different name at the bottom of their check.

A couple less region managers and a few less district managers. No one will notice...... except those directly involved.

Getting ready for that large screen TV in every center that tells you everything you need to know. George Orwell was just a few years off.

A

AtlantaWhiz

region / district collapses.....BUYOUT !!!!!

To the typical Teamster, it won't mean anything. The only thing they'll notice is a different name at the bottom of their check.

A couple less region managers and a few less district managers. No one will notice...... except those directly involved.

Getting ready for that large screen TV in every center that tells you everything you need to know. George Orwell was just a few years off.
....Due to better computer reporting it is redundent to have so many regions, districts & management....Look for perhaps 3 regions & comparable districts......The excess management will be lopped off by a fair BUYOUT offered to all management over 52......The autonomy of the districts is pretty much gone and Atlanta will run things....There is way to much management for a public company......The large TV in every operation is not at all far fetched...........The technology and mindset is here & there.....

Channahon

I'm guessing UPS will be structured similiar to Supply Chain Solutions, which has 3 regions.

As far as districts collapsing, district Staffs are the biggest cost savings, although I have never seen a buyout with any district being consolidated, but who knows, new CEO, new ideas?

pretzel_man

anyone hearing rumors about the east central region and five districts to be named going down?

Two regions for sure.

I'm not sure how many districts.

As someone said, centers and divisions won't be changed. There will be district and region managers and staff without assignments.

I wouldn't count on any buyouts. Atlanta has reduced substantially. These people will be sucked up there for a while...

P-Man

brazenbrown

And same old results. Customer service suffers, in the name of "the shareholders", while those at the top protect their "golden parachute". I dare anyone to prove me wrong.

The shareholders won't be happy if UPS is losing customers..Kinda goes in a big giant circle..Employee happy, Customer happy, shareholder (many which are employees) happy...Just one big happy family... In the process we do need to cut out some of the fat from Corp,and region staff.. That will make the shareholders happy and you too!:wink2:

browniehound

I think they should do away with all region managers in my opinion. I am totally ignorant to this subject, but I'll give you my ideas based on perception.

My perception is the operation is run from the district level down. To me, it appears the regional manager has no puropse. Eliminate the regional level and let there be a direct relation between corporate and the district manager.

tieguy

Banned
And same old results. Customer service suffers, in the name of "the shareholders", while those at the top protect their "golden parachute". I dare anyone to prove me wrong.

I don't know. I would think those at the top would be doing more to move the share price if they were really trying to protect their golden parachute.