Rehab and UPS!

DowntownTillman

Disco gypsy
UPSluts found out that i was on methadone now they want me to go to rehab before i can return to work. it was not by drug test or by being visibly intoxicated. I've been on methadone for almost 2yrs so basically I'm in a treatment program. I've got to go and sit and talk with the D@cks Monday morning. I'm on preload so I don't drive. I'm in the Union.. Should I have a steward present and anything else I can be prepared with would be greatly appreciated right now.

I did a search an read a lot of old post but couldn't find anything that addresses this situation. Sry to interrupt any trolling and fun with this BS but just in a bind.

Thanks!

barnyard

KTM rider
Have a steward present. If you are saying you have already done treatment and methadone is part of that treatment, bring along proof that that is the case. If you do not have any way to document that, you may have to do the treatment UPS prescribes.

Indecisi0n

All of our preload is on drugs . As long as they show up management doesn't care . They use to give out water spiked with speed until OSHA found out.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I’m sorry I don’t understand. You’re preload...hence not subject to random drug tests. You’re taking a prescribed medication (I’m assuming the methadone is prescribed by your doctor). Even if they magically found out...you’re protected by the HIPPA laws. Your story is woefully incomplete. Tell the whole damn story or why bother posting about it?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
UPSluts found out that i was on methadone now they want me to go to rehab before i can return to work. it was not by drug test or by being visibly intoxicated. I've been on methadone for almost 2yrs so basically I'm in a treatment program. I've got to go and sit and talk with the D@cks Monday morning. I'm on preload so I don't drive. I'm in the Union.. Should I have a steward present and anything else I can be prepared with would be greatly appreciated right now.

I did a search an read a lot of old post but couldn't find anything that addresses this situation. Sry to interrupt any trolling and fun with this BS but just in a bind.

Thanks!

Is the methadone for anger management?
If not you may want to see about getting something for that. You seem bitter

watdaflock?

Even if they magically found out...you’re protected by the HIPPA laws. ?
You mean Hipaa laws. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
images

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Thanks!
if you were prescribed It, you should be fine. Take it in with you and the union person

DowntownTillman

Disco gypsy
Your story is woefully incomplete. Tell the whole damn story or why bother posting about it?

What would you like for me to add? There's nothing special that happen that I'm leaving out. There was no accident or incident. They found out and i told them I had went through an issue after surgery and now was working on getting my life in order. With no other questions they said i would need to complete their program before returning to work.

I told them Monday I'll be at work and they said that I couldn't return to work until such and such. Im just going to be present so I can find a grievance when they won't let me work.

Is the methadone for anger management?
If not you may want to see about getting something for that. You seem bitter

I guess I'm bitter. I was just being funny. Reading tone through text is a little difficult.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
What would you like for me to add? There's nothing special that happen that I'm leaving out. There was no accident or incident. They found out and i told them I had went through an issue after surgery and now was working on getting my life in order. With no other questions they said i would need to complete their program before returning to work.

I told them Monday I'll be at work and they said that I couldn't return to work until such and such. Im just going to be present so I can find a grievance when they won't let me work.

I guess I'm bitter. I was just being funny. Reading tone through text is a little difficult.

Just make sure you have a steward with you any time you meet with management. You should be fine as long as you are prescribed the medication

P

pickup

Thanks!

Not only do you have a steward present but you have a private discussion with him before any meeting. If the steward is not up to date with and fluent in the issues here, meeting postponed until he gets up to date or another steward or a business agent who knows the score can step in.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The problem is, now that UPS knows that you are on methadone, they are liable if there is an accident or injury related to that. Drug addiction is a disability and therefore covered by ADA, but the liability thing could easily allow UPS to put you out of work, regardless of medical/ADA, contractual or union-related protections.

542thruNthru

Thanks!

How exactly did UPS find out? What was your explanation?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Thanks!
Drugs are good. Call your dealer!

Boston25

Thanks!
It sounds like you told someone you were in treatment that's the only way UPS would have found out.