Rehire after military clause expired

Cjbwdn34

Rehire possibility? Extended Military leave- trying to come back

Hey all,

I was a PT worker for four years before I joined the Active Army. Circumstances prevented me from coming back to UPS right away and I have exceeded my 5 year military clause where they will hold my job. I have been told I am eligible or rehire, but obviously I won’t have my seniority; no big deal. I am expected to return home to the county I lived before I joined, by next December 2021.

My questions are:
1) when do you recommend me starting to reapply? Since I’m out of state, moving my family back home, I need to know I have a career to come home to, ya know?

2) do you think I could apply for a FT driver job or anything FT even though when I left I was PT?

3) how is the company doing now, from a current employees perspective? My union rep told me UPS is having a hard time keeping drivers and are hiring off the street because kids now don’t want to work they just want the pay.

Any and all advice or insight y’all could give me would be very helpful.

Thanks so much

Rehire possibility? Extended Military leave- trying to come back

Hey all,

I was a PT worker for four years before I joined the Active Army. Circumstances prevented me from coming back to UPS right away and I have exceeded my 5 year military clause where they will hold my job. I have been told I am eligible or rehire, but obviously I won’t have my seniority; no big deal. I am expected to return home to the county I lived before I joined, by next December 2021.

My questions are:
1) when do you recommend me starting to reapply? Since I’m out of state, moving my family back home, I need to know I have a career to come home to, ya know?

2) do you think I could apply for a FT driver job or anything FT even though when I left I was PT?

3) how is the company doing now, from a current employees perspective? My union rep told me UPS is having a hard time keeping drivers and are hiring off the street because kids now don’t want to work they just want the pay.

Any and all advice or insight y’all could give me would be very helpful.

Thanks so much
Thank you for your service
The only way you can get a full-time job is to pay her hiring off the street

You may have to move to an area you don't want to get a driving job