Rehire

Do I have a chance at rehier

• Yes?

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No?

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters

Lil Ups

I was an employee for UPS for 4 years loading and unloading. But on my way to work at 10:45pm I was nearly jumped by gang members so I went home. For the next week I didn’t show up to work when I tried to again I seen theses guys. So I waited another two weeks before heading back to work. When I did I explained what happened to I hire up and he said do your best to stay safe. So a week goes by and work is good. Then one night I get chased by these guys on my way to work again so at that point I decide to stay safe and not show up for a full month to get the guys to think maybe he isn’t coming back maybe he quit. Well when I do head back to work I immediately tell the same guy what happened mind you I revived a latter from ups saying show up in 72 hours or you will be fired well I showed up on that 3rd day to explain my situation and the guy told me I’m sorry your fired give me your ups I.d so I did. Long story short he said I wAs fired so I left confused. I just reapplied about 10months after this all took place and I have an interview. DO YOU THINK THEY WILL RE HIER ME??

Lil Ups

Why do you think no. Jw why Theyd get me an interview shouldn’t HR see that I was previously employed their I mean I filled out the application putting ups in my job history

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was an employee for UPS for 4 years loading and unloading. But on my way to work at 10:45pm I was nearly jumped by gang members so I went home. For the next week I didn’t show up to work when I tried to again I seen theses guys. So I waited another two weeks before heading back to work. When I did I explained what happened to I hire up and he said do your best to stay safe. So a week goes by and work is good. Then one night I get chased by these guys on my way to work again so at that point I decide to stay safe and not show up for a full month to get the guys to think maybe he isn’t coming back maybe he quit. Well when I do head back to work I immediately tell the same guy what happened mind you I revived a latter from ups saying show up in 72 hours or you will be fired well I showed up on that 3rd day to explain my situation and the guy told me I’m sorry your fired give me your ups I.d so I did. Long story short he said I wAs fired so I left confused. I just reapplied about 10months after this all took place and I have an interview. DO YOU THINK THEY WILL RE HIER ME??
You don’t show up for a whole month and you think UPS will rehire you?

Lil Ups

I mean I was a great worker I’d un load 4 of the 53 foot trailers by my self with erigs 150+Lbs then go to another wall and load it all by myself in one day for years I was a good employee

Lil Ups

Okay I agree not showing up was bad but why would they consider me to come in for an interview is where I’m confused at. I filled out the application putting I was an employee here for 4 years and was fired. Wouldn’t they look into that and see that I was fired and not give me an interview??? Instead I have an interview coming up with them.

Lil Ups

8 weeks of not showing up, not a chance.
Okay I agree not showing up was bad but why would they consider me to come in for an interview is where I’m confused at. I filled out the application putting I was an employee here for 4 years and was fired. Wouldn’t they look into that and see that I was fired and not give me an interview??? Instead I have an interview coming up with them.

upschuck

The person who put you on do not rehire, would have to change that designation. I'd be surprised if you got rehired.

Lil Ups

Everyone else made it though, right?

Something doesn't smell right, here
Not quite. Plenty of the guys get into fights right down the street from ups it’s known for that that’s y I stayed away for a while. I’m guessing someone or some guys didn’t like me at the hub and decided to jump me

km3

I think your story is bogus. Why didn't you call the police?

But to answer your question...

Maybe. My understanding, and I may be wrong, is that if you have a negative rehire status you can't even complete the application.

If you made it all the way to an interview you may have a shot.

BLMqMDmPDUxOg.gif

Lil Ups

The person who put you on do not rehire, would have to change that designation. I'd be surprised if you got rehired.
One thing that helps is now I’m driving so I won’t have to walk any more another is I heard sooo many ppl got fired I’m guessing some won’t still be their and the last thing is I’m now legally carrying a taser so I can protect myself

upschuck

Not quite. Plenty of the guys get into fights right down the street from ups it’s known for that that’s y I stayed away for a while. I’m guessing someone or some guys didn’t like me at the hub and decided to jump me
I would have found a way to get through.