Rehired seasonal handler

HardknocksUPSer

Got a call today asking if I would come back money to get rehired, How exactly will the process of being rehired as a permanent handler work? Will I have to fill out a application or go back in for a interview once agian? Does the process take as long as it did becoming a seasonal?

HardknocksUPSer

Next week is suppose to be very heavy. Still using seasonal employees and jumpers. To be "hired" u have to work 31 days after the second week in January.
Was told no seasonals in my center will come back to work until they are called back and reapply and when we step foot back in we will no longer be seasonal?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Was told no seasonals in my center will come back to work until they are called back and reapply and when we step foot back in we will no longer be seasonal?
You will still get sent home if volume is light. You're not entitled to a 3.5 hour guarantee until you make book.. 30-40 working days after Jan 15th.

HardknocksUPSer

I'm okay with no workin if volume is light, I have other work I do as well. No sweat. And I don't necessarily believe they need bodies too bad or they would have let us work today..

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We have a thing called a "union". It is called "teamsters". We have a "contract" which states how seasonal employees are hired. Your part time stupidvisor is just trying to get you to come in while we still need you. Trust me when I say. We will not need you in February sorry. But keep looking in the want adds.

HardknocksUPSer

We have a thing called a "union". It is called "teamsters". We have a "contract" which states how seasonal employees are hired. Your part time stupidvisor is just trying to get you to come in while we still need you. Trust me when I say. We will not need you in February sorry. But keep looking in the want adds.
Lol he's actually a full time sup :D anyhow thanks for your input I'll keep that in my pocket for later.

J

jibbs

I'd say if you go through the whole process of getting hired again (all that computer work) minus the orientation you can consider yourself "rehired."

It's possible, despite what some people here want to tell you. It's just a small portion of the seasonals overall are kept, and even then they usually [read: not always] get the call several weeks to several months after peak ends due to the sudden drop in volume at the start of every year. Also, UPS kinda has a thing for dickin' around it's employees-- seasonals especially. A lot of the people here recognize that and are pretty brutal in how they go about relaying that info to new users.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Got a call today asking if I would come back money to get rehired, How exactly will the process of being rehired as a permanent handler work? Will I have to fill out a application or go back in for a interview once agian? Does the process take as long as it did becoming a seasonal?
They give you a piece of paper and tell you to spell "again."

HardknocksUPSer

I'd say if you go through the whole process of getting hired again (all that computer work) minus the orientation you can consider yourself "rehired."

It's possible, despite what some people here want to tell you. It's just a small portion of the seasonals overall are kept, and even then they usually [read: not always] get the call several weeks to several months after peak ends due to the sudden drop in volume at the start of every year.
Thanks jibbs, I believe it's possible too, everybody starts somewhere, I just believe my centers going to be needing a few of the seasonals who stuck peak out with them. One of the permanent preloaders plans to change shifts at the beginning of the year (Anyday now) one preloader was fired and a couple preloaders are going to drive. With that being said it's in their interest to keep the people who they've already invested time and money in. But then agian I could be wrong, I'm just trying to ride it out and be persistent with letting the sups know I'll work anytime any shift.

PT Car Washer

I am still seeing a lot of extra Christmas help on the Twi sort. Of course they told everyone they are permanent PT if they want to be. Pick up volume was very heavy tonight and a lot of the Peak routes looked to be in this morning.