Rehired seasonal handler

HardknocksUPSer

I am still seeing a lot of extra Christmas help on the Twi sort. Of course they told everyone they are permanent PT if they want to be. Pick up volume was very heavy tonight and a lot of the Peak routes looked to be in this morning.
If preload sups won't let me work preload for some reason I'll try reload, really don't mind either, personally like preload because the start times and extra 1$

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If preload sups won't let me work preload for some reason I'll try reload, really don't mind either, personally like preload because the start times and extra 1$
Your not getting it. Listen. Thanks for the Christmas help. Unfortunately , you will not be needed come February. Actually will have existing , part time employees laid off due to full time laid off employes bumping back to 2 part time shifts. So sorry. Thanks for all your hard work, and good luck in your future endeavors.

HardknocksUPSer

Your not getting it. Listen. Thanks for the Christmas help. Unfortunately , you will not be needed come February. Actually will have existing , part time employees laid off due to full time laid off employes bumping back to 2 part time shifts. So sorry. Thanks for all your hard work, and good luck in your future endeavors.
Listen, it really doesn't matter I have another job, I'm not dying if I get laid off or let go, I'll be back regardless, if you know how to do the job you'll be the first to called back, their not goina call off the street hires before someone with knowledge. I get what your saying, but what I'm saying is, it really doesn't matter I'll be back.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Listen, it really doesn't matter I have another job, I'm not dying if I get laid off or let go, I'll be back regardless, if you know how to do the job you'll be the first to called back, their not goina call off the street hires before someone with knowledge. I get what your saying, but what I'm saying is, it really doesn't matter I'll be back.
Not necessarily true...but I'm so glad you worked here a whole 2 months and know everything about the hiring process. Those of us who've worked here for years obviously pale in comparision to your knowledge and wisdom. Then why are you creating threads and asking questions???

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Lol, yep, you and the other over 95,000 temp employees ups hired.

PT Car Washer

Not sure what the turn over rate for PT is in your building, but in my building HR hires 12 months out of the year. Especially for the preload sort.

HardknocksUPSer

Not necessarily true...bu I'm so glad you worked here a whole 2 months and know everything about the hiring process. Those of us who've worked here for years obviously pale in comparision to your knowledge and wisdom. Then why are you creating threads and asking questions???
I'm not saying your (anyone) is dumb and don't know what you (they) are talking about, I'm saying half of y'all act like UPS is the holy grail hard as hell of a company to make a career out of? It's simple just take each day as it goes work hard and go with it, I'm just sayin I don't care if I get laid off due to seniority workers needing work or low volume I have other jobs I can and will do but long term I do wana work for UPS, I don't understand why everyone on here tries to stir smile* up and make somethin out of nothin lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm not saying your (anyone) is dumb and don't know what you (they) are talking about, I'm saying half of y'all act like UPS is the holy grail hard as hell of a company to make a career out of? It's simple just take each day as it goes work hard and go with it, I'm just sayin I don't care if I get laid off due to seniority workers needing work or low volume I have other jobs I can and will do but long term I do wana work for UPS, I don't understand why everyone on here tries to stir smile* up and make somethin out of nothin lol
If you stop posting new threads regarding every step of your career at ups...no one would say anything.

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/on-call.359893/page-4#post-1485918

http://www.browncafe.com/community/posts/1484788/

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Most of the other 95,000 + temps think they will be here long term too. Guess what. You won't.

HardknocksUPSer

Maybe not nice. There is a reason for the high PT turn over rate. The job sux for very little money. The job does have potential if you can wait it out (seniority) and make the right moves.
It's not fun but isn't very bad, I mean overtime it's deffinately worth it, I just wana keep my feet wet and eventually get in and stay, I have plenty of time and nothin to lose. Like I said I have another job so the money isn't to big of a issue, I enjoy the job