Rehired seasonal handler

PT Car Washer

It's not fun but isn't very bad, I mean overtime it's deffinately worth it, I just wana keep my feet wet and eventually get in and stay, I have plenty of time and nothin to lose. Like I said I have another job so the money isn't to big of a issue, I enjoy the job
Over time? Really? You will be lucky to get your guaranteed 3.5 come February. Starvation diet until Spring and vacations start kicking in. Even then UPS will go on a vacation hiring kick and you still will be lucky to get your minimum hours with your little seniority.

HardknocksUPSer

Over time? Really? You will be lucky to get your guaranteed 3.5 come February. Starvation diet until Spring and vacations start kicking in. Even then UPS will go on a vacation hiring kick and you still will be lucky to get your minimum hours with your little seniority.
Guess what? I failed English in high school lol I mean "over-time" like a extended period of time not overtime like the kind that makes you more money in a less amount of time haha, yeah I know I'll be lucky to get 3.5 until it's guaranteed, that's fine by me, I'll do any extra work I can get but some Is better than none

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I think you need to meet a good friend of mine. He has a life lesson you need to learn....his name is Nick Foley. Listen to his words carefully.

Last edited:

HardknocksUPSer

I think you need to meet a good friend of mine. He has a life lesson you need to learn....his name is Nick Foley. Listen to his words carefully.
Lol that's pretty freakin goood stuff pretty funny I enjoyed that, guess I'll live down by the river eating government cheese saying la de freakin da while ripping down the world amounting to nothing but jack squat LMAO

PT Car Washer

Guess what? I failed English in high school lol I mean "over-time" like a extended period of time not overtime like the kind that makes you more money in a less amount of time haha, yeah I know I'll be lucky to get 3.5 until it's guaranteed, that's fine by me, I'll do any extra work I can get but some Is better than none
Sorry. I misunderstood what you wrote. Some of the newbies think Peak season is the way UPS runs things year round. During Peak UPS just throws money at the problem. Put two loaders in every trailer. Rest of the year it's one loader for three trailers and 3 1/2 hours and you are gone. The sup will finish up.

HardknocksUPSer

Sorry. I misunderstood what you wrote. Some of the newbies think Peak season is the way UPS runs things year round. During Peak UPS just throws money at the problem. Put two loaders in every trailer. Rest of the year it's one loader for three trailers and 3 1/2 hours and you are gone. The sup will finish up.
Nahh I know it can be really slow at times, like this week one day volume was only 1200 and they were running 20 routes, no PT employees worked, drivers loaded lol, I don't mind UPS work, I like doing it. And when someone cries over how bad their job sucks when their making 34-36$hr it makes me sick, I understand none of the jobs are easy but tomorrow's a new day and making that kind of money is a blessing as opposed to 8-12$hr

PT Car Washer

Nahh I know it can be really slow at times, like this week one day volume was only 1200 and they were running 20 routes, no PT employees worked, drivers loaded lol, I don't mind UPS work, I like doing it. And when someone cries over how bad their job sucks when their making 34-36$hr it makes me sick, I understand none of the jobs are easy but tomorrow's a new day and making that kind of money is a blessing as opposed to 8-12$hr
You just need to hang in there until Spring when a lot of PTers hire on for better jobs in construction and landscaping. Seniority is your best friend.

HardknocksUPSer

You just need to hang in there until Spring when a lot of PTers hire on for better jobs in construction and landscaping. Seniority is your best friend.
I'm hangin on as long as they will let me, I'll stay there my life long if they'll let me. I also do landscaping for my second job, through UPS I gained 3 diffrent job offers via fellow employees.

browner89

It depends on your center and their needs. My center didn't hire a single seasonal inside worker (driver helpers who weren't already permanent part timers were seasonal though), everyone is permanent here, some just haven't started working towards seniority yet but none will be let go unless they're awful workers.

Don't take anyones word on this forum as the gospel unless they're HR/Management at the specific center you work at. Unless they are in charge of your centers hiring process they know absolutely nothing about your status and are only guessing based on what they've seen at their own center and read on here about others. They have 0 inside info.

Your best bet will always be doing what you're told and doing it as best you can until you're part of the union and protected.

Best of luck if you want it, though.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Not necessarily true...but I'm so glad you worked here a whole 2 months and know everything about the hiring process. Those of us who've worked here for years obviously pale in comparision to your knowledge and wisdom. Then why are you creating threads and asking questions???
Aw c'mon BB58, they are so cute when they are young.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Aw c'mon BB58, they are so cute when they are young.
tumblr_n5qh2fEsox1qh59n0o1_500.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Got a call today asking if I would come back money to get rehired, How exactly will the process of being rehired as a permanent handler work? Will I have to fill out a application or go back in for a interview once agian? Does the process take as long as it did becoming a seasonal?

How much, "come back money" did they offer?

HardknocksUPSer

It depends on your center and their needs. My center didn't hire a single seasonal inside worker (driver helpers who weren't already permanent part timers were seasonal though), everyone is permanent here, some just haven't started working towards seniority yet but none will be let go unless they're awful workers.

Don't take anyones word on this forum as the gospel unless they're HR/Management at the specific center you work at. Unless they are in charge of your centers hiring process they know absolutely nothing about your status and are only guessing based on what they've seen at their own center and read on here about others. They have 0 inside info.

Your best bet will always be doing what you're told and doing it as best you can until you're part of the union and protected.

Best of luck if you want it, though.
Thanks man I know they're just a bunch of old UPS drivers trying to get young guys stirred up over things, they'll be gone one day and someone replaces their shoes, of course I want it, if I make ATLEAST over 20$hr I'll be the richest person in my family since my ancestors. Lol

PT Car Washer

Thanks man I know they're just a bunch of old UPS drivers trying to get young guys stirred up over things, they'll be gone one day and someone replaces their shoes, of course I want it, if I make ATLEAST over 20$hr I'll be the richest person in my family since my ancestors. Lol
Try and get on doing some kind of air driving either PT or Saturday. Fastest way up the wage scale with a two year progression to top rate which right now is $26.14/hr.

J

jibbs

But then agian I could be wrong, I'm just trying to ride it out and be persistent with letting the sups know I'll work anytime any shift.

That's the best route to take.

Besides, it's always better to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove you wrong-- assume they're telling the truth until they give you, personally, a reason to doubt them as liars.

HardknocksUPSer

Besides, it's always better to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove you wrong-- assume they're telling the truth until they give you, personally, a reason to doubt them as liars.
Exactly right, thanks jibbs it's all goina be alright reload sup wants me on his shift and preload sup is so spiteful they may keep me on their shift just out of spite towards another sup haha

browner89

Agreed, also want to note I'm not calling anyone here a liar, only that they only speak from what they've seen at their locations, you spend a little time reading this forum and you find out that situations at different centers can do a complete 180 from what you experience at your own.

Nobody really knows what UPS 'master plan' is for anyone. Because UPS doesn't have a plan, they seemingly make it up as they go on a case by case basis.