Reload pros VS cons

PT Car Washer

Not a lot of hours. Mostly 3.5 to 4 at the most. No more getting up in the middle of the night and you can stay out as late as you want to.

PT Car Washer

For a lotta guys it is there second job. They will stay unloading forever just because they can be sent home first. I tell them sorting is a lot easier and you don't mind staying an extra 15 or 30 minutes longer.

HardknocksUPSer

For a lotta guys it is there second job. They will stay unloading forever just because they can be sent home first. I tell them sorting is a lot easier and you don't mind staying an extra 15 or 30 minutes longer.
Yeah me too, a fellow employee offered me a job doing landscaping with him so I'll help him after driver helper is done. And I prefer unloading Man, absolutely no thinking involved, just go in like a animal and knock it out, my style, also no "misloads" lol

Dr.Brownz

So let me get this straight: RELOAD is a term used for local sort? I had heard of reload before but didn't know the meaning.

9.5er

Reload is much easier than preload. The bad thing about reload is when most folks are getting off work you are just going in. First year or so didn't bother me but after a couple years I started feeling like I was missing out on things.

HubBub

So let me get this straight: RELOAD is a term used for local sort? I had heard of reload before but didn't know the meaning.

Inbound trailers and pickup volume are unloaded, sorted and then "reloaded" onto outbound trailers. I think thats where the term comes from anyway.

HardknocksUPSer

Reload is much easier than preload. The bad thing about reload is when most folks are getting off work you are just going in. First year or so didn't bother me but after a couple years I started feeling like I was missing out on things.
It deffinately is! Last night I worked reload for the first time and it was a whole diffrent atmosphere than preload!

arice11

is reload what they call local sort?
I was offered a chance to go, but didn't want to strain my sleep schedule.

HardknocksUPSer

is reload what they call local sort?
I was offered a chance to go, but didn't want to strain my sleep schedule.
Yes it's just working unloading package cars, some call it outbound some call it twilight sort, some call it local sort, depends on location I guess, we just call it reload