Remain a Tues-Sat RPCD

browned out

I was hired as a PTer and then bid to a M-friend package car driver. A couple years ago I bid to Tues-Sat RPCD.

Why should anyone be forced back to M-friend?

Is there a work around to the 'it is the intent of the company and union for all RPCD to work a M-friend schedule?

Is there a way RPCDs that were not hired in as Tues-Sat drivers but bid on to Tues - Sat to remain on that schedule?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I was hired as a PTer and then bid to a M-friend package car driver. A couple years ago I bid to Tues-Sat RPCD.

Why should anyone be forced back to M-friend?

Is there a work around to the 'it is the intent of the company and union for all RPCD to work a M-friend schedule?

Is there a way RPCDs that were not hired in as Tues-Sat drivers but bid on to Tues - Sat to remain on that schedule?
Nope....

Article 22.4 Section 4(b) (5)

5. All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) consecutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as scheduled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
You're going Monday through Friday little buddy. You could go be a 22.4 and stay on Saturday that way. Probably have to quit and get rehired to do that.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
What if they post a 22.4 bid sheet and he signs it? Couldn’t a package driver technically bump a 22.4? Not that many would want to.

browned out

What if they post a 22.4 bid sheet and he signs it? Couldn’t a package driver technically bump a 22.4? Not that many would want to.

I do not want to take a $6 an hour pay cut to remain on a schedule that I bid on. The right should have been grandfathered in.
I bid on the Tuesday - Saturday because I am getting up there in age and Saturdays are much less physically demanding than Mondays.

Being off on Mondays makes it so I don't have to take days off for doctor, dentist, etc. appointments.

Age discrimination?

Basic seniority rights?

I know; vote 'em out and negotiate a proper contract. The next contract will not be ratified until at least 2023.

Forcing older, higher seniority drivers to work a more physically demanding schedule unless they take a pay-cut could be construed as age discrimination.

It's not right. And the company controlled POS Hoffa/Hall/Taylor teamsters knew this when they drafted this garbage language.

DriverNerd

Forcing older, higher seniority drivers to work a more physically demanding schedule unless they take a pay-cut could be construed as age discrimination.
Older, higher seniority drivers should already be doing retirement routes. That being said, it's in the contract now, not a lot you can do about it. I never saw an issue with someone wanting to stay T-S. Although it doesn't work for me, I can see the benefits in it. Did you try to grieve it?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Older, higher seniority drivers should already be doing retirement routes. That being said, it's in the contract now, not a lot you can do about it. I never saw an issue with someone wanting to stay T-S. Although it doesn't work for me, I can see the benefits in it. Did you try to grieve it?
What basis would you grieve it on?

MyTripisCut

I do not want to take a $6 an hour pay cut to remain on a schedule that I bid on. The right should have been grandfathered in.
I bid on the Tuesday - Saturday because I am getting up there in age and Saturdays are much less physically demanding than Mondays.

Being off on Mondays makes it so I don't have to take days off for doctor, dentist, etc. appointments.

Age discrimination?

Basic seniority rights?

I know; vote 'em out and negotiate a proper contract. The next contract will not be ratified until at least 2023.

It's not right. And the company controlled POS Hoffa/Hall/Taylor teamsters knew this when they drafted this garbage language.
How is Monday more physically demanding? Follow the methods, set your pace, and enjoy the OT. No winning on mondays.

MyTripisCut

There is none specifically. There's a bunch of different wording in the central about switching days but none that pertain to this. I was just thinking he could pick something close to at least get it moved along if he has any in his supplement.
Bubblehead already showed the trump card. Article 22.4 already has the answer.
Nope....

Article 22.4 Section 4(b) (5)

5. All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) consecutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as scheduled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.