Remember this feeling when contract time comes

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Do you think it’s a good “no” vote for having too much work? Or would a “no” vote over pension, wages, or healthcare be more accepted by consumers? The world will be watching....

I don't think the watching world is going to be symphatic to either of those. I also know that a lot of men/women work a lot of hours more than us etc.. most don't have to deal with the culture, physical, mental struggles that we deal with but some do!

But at the end of the day this isn't about the public. It effects the public obviously, but this is about the Union and UPS! This isn't original to me i don't know who said it but I think the best way way to present it to the public is no matter how much they compensate us that can never take away from the time we miss with our families! That's real! It sucks that many out there don't have an organization to help them fight this battle! But we do and we should use it!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How about we worry what's best for us.
Yes we make fantastic money but few others work like we do.
No one has to drive to work with what we have on our mind, or how our back feels. I just have the feeling the company is more than readily armed to deal with a strike, and isn’t as intimidated by it as they would’ve been ten years ago.

No one has to drive to work with what we have on our mind, or how our back feels. I just have the feeling the company is more than readily armed to deal with a strike, and isn’t as intimidated by it as they would’ve been ten years ago.
Yes they have more tools but you forget one very big item

Shareholders.
We didn't have then last time.

Something to think about.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Intuition? Or inside information?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

That's a lot stuff not moving! It would back up real quick and kill the stock!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Intuition? Or inside information?
Intuition. The smart phone my helper is supposed to use has quite a bit of information to make delivering much easier. They find more than enough Gypos to move volume. I’m just saying, it wouldn’t be as crippling as it was last time. I wasn’t here either but did have a warehouse job that was directly impacted by the strike in 97.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

See this why I would like to see the contract expire on Nov 20 right before peak every contract!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Intuition. The smart phone my helper is supposed to use has quite a bit of information to make delivering much easier. They find more than enough Gypos to move volume. I’m just saying, it wouldn’t be as crippling as it was last time. I wasn’t here either but did have a warehouse job that was directly impacted by the strike in 97.

Yeah 2.0 Orion will have a map telling you where your next stop is and how much! But our job is so much more than that. And the stock would get killed.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Do you think it’s a good “no” vote for having too much work? Or would a “no” vote over pension, wages, or healthcare be more accepted by consumers? The world will be watching....
It comes down to working conditions. You can work hard or you can work long, but you can’t do both.