Remembering 15 Years later.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Ghost, you really need to start using that brain god gave you! Stop getting all your information from Fauxnews!!!

Nothing makes me sadder then idiots blindly accepting anything and everything they are told because they are too lazy to research the information themselves!

Moe25

Unfortunately this country didn't wake up, instead its countinuing down the same path allowing the corrupt to take over and ignore the Constitution. 7 years after it happened we have a muslim/muslim sympithizer elected into the White House....go figure. No lesson learned here.
You must be one of those dumb Trump supporters

Overpaid Union Thug

I was at my day job in a factory. My sister and I both worked there and she's the one that told me about it. She walked by real fast to tell me because she had left her position on the line to let me know. A few hours into the shift a lady that had a brother in Special Forces told us that he, along with the rest of his team, had left abruptly late the night before. I always thought the timing of that was odd. Either they knew something was about to go down or it was just coincidence.

My sister and I carpooled together everyday for that job and we normally just listened to music on the radio but that afternoon it was all news. We'd been stuck inside a factory all day and there was no tv in the break room. We only heard rumors that were spreading throughout the factory. Much of it was wrong. We got caught up on what had ACTUALLY happened on the ride home by listening to the reports on the news. I was still part-time at UPS so I only had a bout an hour and a half to sit down and watch the news at home before I had to be at the center to work on the local sort. It was business as usual only we didn't have to worry about most of the air for a few days because of the airspace being shut down. To this day it still blows my mind just how many people kept shipping NDAs knowing it wouldn't processed.

I live in Middle Tennessee and there is a strong military presence here because of the various Army/Air Guard bases, Army Reserve units, and Fort Campbell. That only added to the flood of info coming in. Once it was well known who we'd be targeting for revenge (I still think we'd gotten that ball rolling before the attacks actually happened) most everyone, especially the military, seemed to be itching for a fight.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
never-forget-881.jpg

Oh Shoot

On Sept. 11, 2001, NASA astronaut Frank Culbertson was the lone American off the planet. He was on board the International Space Station with two Russian cosmonauts. This is what he saw. The smoke plume from the World Trade Center attacks.

One month after the terrorist strike on America, Culbertson was an eyewitness to the launch of U.S. air raids against Taliban and al Qaeda strongholds in Afghanistan. "I could see flashes of light, the cruise missiles going into Kabul, strings of B-52 bombs going off," Culbertson said. "I was seeing the invasion of Afghanistan. It was the first time I'd seen combat from space."
FB_IMG_1473621991146.jpg