Remote Delivery

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
It was ok when drivers were in control of it. Then management screwed it up as usual just pulling random stops to cut routes. Just like everything else they get their hands in. (Orion, work/life balance, safety, peak planning, dispatching, etc etc etc).

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It was ok when drivers were in control of it. Then management screwed it up as usual just pulling random stops to cut routes. Just like everything else they get their hands in. (Orion, work/life balance, safety, peak planning, dispatching, etc etc etc).

I had a very rural route at the time. Remote was a very useful tool for me. Using it for one or two stops could save me an hour or more.

After the strike, it definitely became a dispatch tool.

rod

Retired 22 years
I usually delivered everything anyway because I was a super delivery driver. That and the fact that after being on basically the same route for 25 years I knew where to get rid of those "chasers" where they worked in town or with a neighbor or relative anyway.

Indecisi0n

I usually delivered everything anyway because I was a super delivery driver. That and the fact that after being on basically the same route for 25 years I knew where to get rid of those "chasers" where they worked in town or with a neighbor or relative anyway.
You been on that route little under how long I been on Earth .

542thruNthru

giphy-73.gif