Removing EDD (RDO) as an option

The Driver

I drive.
Word is that starting tomorrow RDO will be gone in our center. Orion only.

Of course they'll still be loading the trucks in RDO order.

You can't fix stupid. This place is going to make me a wealthy man.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Take RDO away from me and I will no longer fix the stupidity that's dispatched. They can eat ALL the missed! I had exactly 1 day this week that didn't have a bank scheduled to be delivered after 6pm!! I am more than ready for the fight this will bring on!

Withbacon

Same thing is happening here Monday. Should be a great time!

I'm sure it's part of their plan.

Have the overtime through the roof in hopes that drivers will be willing to vote Yes to get the 22.4s and relieve some of the ot.

Last edited:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Give em what they want, walk in with a smile and follow it %100 ,any business closed after 5 sheet it missed. The supervisors don’t want %100, they know it’s a bad system..they are scared..

Undertow

They took RDO away from our building months ago and it's been a complete train wreck ever since. Cover drivers going out blind basically can't finish anything dispatched over 10 hours and the new hires become so frustrated that they either wash out or quit 2 weeks or even less into the probationary period. Had somebody told me last Christmas Eve that upper management would find a way to make working conditions even worse for the drivers next peak season, I'd have doubted it would be possible. Not any more. Their incompetence appears to have no limits.

jaker

trolling
because ORION is good tech (seriously) but this is the only path to force the PDS to fix their broken trace from when PAS rolled out
So instead of disciplining PDS to do their job , ups forces it down the company and the only ones who get discipline are the drivers now for a bad PDS

Doubleparkedrunner

So instead of disciplining PDS to do their job , ups forces it down the company and the only ones who get discipline are the drivers now for a bad PDS
But is it really disciplining the driver?...

Just do the chit in the insane order and finish every day with missed packages on the truck. Eventually they'll have to change your route, s no help or fix the problem entirely.

if you/we stop fixing their problems for them, then they will have to fix it themselves.

a911scanner

I can't wait for Peak with no RDO. Still considering whether I should dig out 75 packages to find the 55xx package for my 5th stop. I'll have 70 hour weeks in 5 working days.

Undertow

I haven't seen many take "Discipline" over anything resulting from the building being saddled with it, but indeed it was forced from above. There isn't a single driver where I work that was clamoring to get rid of RDO and if anything there's now more than a few who are citing ORION as the reason for going into semis or retiring outright. The people that hitched their wagon to this refuse to admit it's failing badly and it appears everyone caught in it's way has to suffer for that.

bumped

In my center now, if you want to be in RDO management turns off the ODO. Then we drivers download the EDD. Then management turns ODO back on and we don't update our EDD.

Poop Head

Judge me.
because ORION is good tech (seriously) but this is the only path to force the PDS to fix their broken trace from when PAS rolled out
My opinion, Orion can be a useful tool for drivers without area knowledge, when used in conjunction with printed maps and rdo. No computer program will ever be better than a driver with intimate area knowledge. The first thing I do after downloading edd is put it in rdo. Just show me what's in the truck, I will deliver it in the most efficient way. Boggles my mind how anyone can think this will be a good idea.

crystal_ball

Long skinny barrier islands like RDO better.

The stupid option wants you to wittle your way up or down going across the main road

RDO is safer.

Up one side down the other.

or vice versa.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I haven't seen many take "Discipline" over anything resulting from the building being saddled with it, but indeed it was forced from above. There isn't a single driver where I work that was clamoring to get rid of RDO and if anything there's now more than a few who are citing ORION as the reason for going into semis or retiring outright. The people that hitched their wagon to this refuse to admit it's failing badly and it appears everyone caught in it's way has to suffer for that.
They should run a real route for a week using Orion and no tablets.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Xb7jo9.gif

barnyard

KTM rider
We lose RDO on Monday also. They have been talking about it since March. Every day, PCM: if you are not running Orion, get with your supe and make the changes that need to be made. I have asked 3 different supes to fix my trace and they have not. It will be what it is and I will enjoy fewer stops while on the 9/5 list.
On my route, Orion has me changing directions 30-40 times a day, which would mean backing into driveways. I don't do that, so my trace is right around 80% and I am usually over miles 15%. Also, because I do not back into resi driveways, I almost always have to skip stops to get air off on time. We start at 8:50, usually leave the building at 905, Orion plan is 8:55 leave time and has me delivering my 1st stop at 9:15. I have to meet another driver, so I usually do not deliver my 1st stop till 9:35.
Orion could be awesome, but never will be.

Last edited: