Rentals during Covid!

Baker1840

Think UPS is going to up its fleet anytime soon per building?!? I dont beleive it will ever go back to the volume we were once at. We have been running rentals for over 60 days now. Out of those 60 work days I have been in a rental 48 days with 100 to 120 stops and 170 to 189 miles. Feels like im being punished for something lol arms are killing me everday and legs. Drivers under me in seniority and knowing their route will allow a rental but they won't share the wealth. Its so frustrating. Thought about dragging my ass and try to be like an hr or two over but who wants to work that late 7:30pm is late enough!
What u think?!

El Correcto

god is dead
Think UPS is going to up its fleet anytime soon per building?!? I dont beleive it will ever go back to the volume we were once at. We have been running rentals for over 60 days now. Out of those 60 work days I have been in a rental 48 days with 100 to 120 stops and 170 to 189 miles. Feels like im being punished for something lol arms are killing me everday and legs. Drivers under me in seniority and knowing their route will allow a rental but they won't share the wealth. Its so frustrating. Thought about dragging my ass and try to be like an hr or two over but who wants to work that late 7:30pm is late enough!
What u think?!
I don’t see a problem with working till 7:30 pm.
I don’t care if ups sends me out in a horse and buggy.

Baker1840

Haha people who say that and say atleast you have air conditioning apparently havrnt been stuck in a rental enough times lol open that back door over 100 times a day and hope up to have to dig through a pile of boxes lol no fun!

El Correcto

god is dead
Haha people who say that and say atleast you have air conditioning apparently havrnt been stuck in a rental enough times lol open that back door over 100 times a day and hope up to have to dig through a pile of boxes lol no fun!
4C6424C2-C719-429B-9096-664BF4F50BC4.jpeg

im in one right now. Could care less. Enjoying the ac and radio. All I see is dollar signs when they hand me a rental and a cushy ride for the day.

JustDeliverIt

UPS isn't going to change anything just yet. Right now you had a round of stimulus payments, another one in the works and inflated unemployment payment. And all essential workers are working an abundance of hours and have disposable income to spend. Spending is normal right now and with people ordering online to avoid places deliveries are high.

If the extra unemployment money ends in 2 weeks as scheduled and still have about 10% unemployment, your going to see a sharp downturn in business. Things are being propped up right now mainly because, IMO, it's an election year. If money starts to dry up it's going to trickle through everything. Not going to expand a fleet to meet the times at the moment. They don't do it for peak and I think it will be the same way.

Only way they do something is after this all settles down and volume stays high.

Baker1840

Lmao to many of u lazy moochies in ups ..im here to work get donr and spend time with my family but beyond that it's the extra physical extortion that's involved i dont mind being in a rental here and there but its been * crazy lately. They pick a few guys in the building and say these here are our rental bitches haha

Last edited by a moderator:

PizzaToUps

Lmao to many of u lazy moochies in ups ..im here to work get donr and spend time with my family but beyond that it's the extra physical extortion that's involved i dont mind being in a rental here and there but its been :censored2: crazy lately. They pick a few guys in the building and say these here are our rental :censored2: haha

Attachments

• 8C734F79-5F19-4028-BB56-E9EB9A655A01.jpeg
    8C734F79-5F19-4028-BB56-E9EB9A655A01.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 89

ManInBrown

friend that. I would rather work in a package car with no AC then make the first turn out of the building and have every package in the back fall into the middle. I always used to LMAO at peak when I would walk by loaders putting everything in a rental nice and neat.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

What u think?!
I’ve been in one for seven weeks now. They took a bunch of automatic pc’s to train new guys since they don’t have to drive stick anymore. And we don’t have the normal rentals. We have these 12ft tall Isuzu box trucks with lift gates on the back. The bumper is half way up my chest. It’s ridiculous.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

UPS isn't going to change anything just yet. Right now you had a round of stimulus payments, another one in the works and inflated unemployment payment. And all essential workers are working an abundance of hours and have disposable income to spend. Spending is normal right now and with people ordering online to avoid places deliveries are high.

If the extra unemployment money ends in 2 weeks as scheduled and still have about 10% unemployment, your going to see a sharp downturn in business. Things are being propped up right now mainly because, IMO, it's an election year. If money starts to dry up it's going to trickle through everything. Not going to expand a fleet to meet the times at the moment. They don't do it for peak and I think it will be the same way.

Only way they do something is after this all settles down and volume stays high.
You’re forgetting that UPS doesn’t make :censored2: on home deliveries all the money is in NDA and commercial. My volume pickup is way down and we don’t make service on air anymore, we don’t even have savers. Take into consideration all the money they spent on overtime, damage claims, rentals, late air, new hires and training plus they didn’t even raise prices until two weeks before it calmed down. We did almost three peak seasons worth of work since March. I don’t think these stimulus checks are holding anything up. Right now the only thing that’s keeping everything going is a surging stock market which keeps the investors happy but isn’t a indicator of a good economy and the bad publicity of covid and race riots. Once cnn starts talking recession, which we’re already in the house of cards will come crashing down. I am expecting a lay-off at some point soon. I’m glad I went full time not three months before all this started. My short term investments now are in guns, ammo, non perishable foods and bulking up on hard to come by supplies.

GenericUsername

Have them turn off Orion for you since you're in a rental. Go in the back of the truck and put all your stuff in groups by shelf (rather than trying to keep it in order.) Line up your 1000s or w/e across the back door. You don't have to climb up but maybe 10-15 times a day at that rate. Hell, if you can, use totes to hold most of those stops or even to put behind the boxes at the door to keep them from moving around so much.

Baker1840

Have them turn off Orion for you since you're in a rental. Go in the back of the truck and put all your stuff in groups by shelf (rather than trying to keep it in order.) Line up your 1000s or w/e across the back door. You don't have to climb up but maybe 10-15 times a day at that rate. Hell, if you can, use totes to hold most of those stops or even to put behind the boxes at the door to keep them from moving around so much.

Haha i do that...i bring a tote and leave in the cab and if the pkgs are not big the sit in the passenger seat

Baker1840

I’ve been in one for seven weeks now. They took a bunch of automatic pc’s to train new guys since they don’t have to drive stick anymore. And we don’t have the normal rentals. We have these 12ft tall Isuzu box trucks with lift gates on the back. The bumper is half way up my chest. It’s ridiculous.

Same we had 5 of those ontop of the 12 penske box trucks...dont think our building has even replaced 5% of its fleet since I've been here lol all the package cars are running 500k + miles something breaks mechanics throw some duck tape on it and when it breaks again they go wtf did u do!

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I doubt they could buy any trucks even if they were trying.

Look at boat, motorcycle and some car dealerships...they have almost no inventory. Production lines are shut down or running at slower rates. We are getting some new tractors in but I'm sure they were ordered a long time ago and are showing up 1 or 2 at a time.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You don't have 17k bottles of sanitizer just sitting around do you?