Repeal of "Obama-care"?

BrownArmy

I'm not a lawyer, an accountant, or a government aide.

When Romney/Ryan say they will repeal the PPACA, is that campaign rhetoric, or is that actually possible?

What would that campaign 'promise' entail?

How would they actually do that?

Would it depend on the makeup of Congress?

Just asking, I don't know.

moreluck

golden ticket member

When Romney/Ryan say they will repeal the PPACA, is that campaign rhetoric, or is that actually possible?

Under issues, click on health care and then click on Mitt's Plan...

Health Care

BrownArmy

Sooo...

On Mitt's first day of office (if he wins), he's going to repeal the PPACA and take China to task as being a currency manipulator?

That's a different version of 'Hope and Change'.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sooo...

On Mitt's first day of office (if he wins), he's going to repeal the PPACA and take China to task as being a currency manipulator?

That's a different version of 'Hope and Change'.

You left out the part about waivers.......for all the states, not just union shops that gave Obama $$$.

everyone hoped Obama would cut the deficit in half in his first term like he said. Now we hope he'll keep the other part about being a one term peresident if he fais to do it.

av8torntn

If they gain a majority control in the Senate they will be able to repeal the part passed under reconciliation. There is no chance of them gaining a 60 vote majority to repeal the entire thing.

Senate GOP Will Use Reconciliation to Repeal Obamacare

BrownArmy

If they gain a majority control in the Senate they will be able to repeal the part passed under reconciliation. There is no chance of them gaining a 60 vote majority to repeal the entire thing.

Thanks for an actual response.

Sooo, does this mean that Romney is just doing the politician thing and promising something he (likely) won't be able to deliver?

moreluck

golden ticket member

Sooo, does this mean that Romney is just doing the politician thing and promising something he (likely) won't be able to deliver?
I posted you the actual Romney site.................that wasn't an actual response? No answers from me anymore, find the stuff yourself.

You know ,you can just bag the whole thing and vote for Obama.
It's past my bedtime and Ih ave cleary been wasting my time.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Under issues, click on health care and then click on Mitt's Plan...

Health Care

THIS is the best part of ROMNEYS plan....

Competition drives improvements in efficiency and effectiveness, offering consumers higher quality goods and services at lower cost. It can have the same effect in the health care system, if given the chance to work.

• Cap non-economic damages in medical malpractice lawsuits
  • Empower individuals and small businesses to form purchasing pools
  • Prevent discrimination against individuals with pre-existing conditions who maintain continuous coverage
  • Facilitate IT interoperability

First, PUT A CAP ON MALPRACTICE CASES of 125K NO MATTER HOW SERIOUS THE MEDICAL ERROR WAS. So, after the attorneys take their 44%, the PATIENT ends up with next to NOTHING. SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PLAN FOR PATIENTS!

Second, help people with pre existing conditions to get coverage, BUT, if you dont have CONTINUOUS coverage, YOU ARE SCREWED.

Third, LET THE STATES DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES what is best, and if NOTHING is best, then NOTHING it IS.

This sounds BARBARIC, but its actually ROMNEYS plan for america. Hopefully, america isnt this stupid and can figure this stuff out for themselves.

Peace

TOS

av8torntn

Well, if you remember back the budget reconciliation process was used in a vastly different way to get this law passed which opens up quite a bit to repeal. The simple answer is yes they can repeal some and no they will not be able to repeal it all. I've attached a summary of the reconciliation so you can see how broad it really was.

Health Care Reconciliation Bill Summary - Blog - OpenCongress

BrownArmy

I posted you the actual Romney site.................that wasn't an actual response? No answers from me anymore, find the stuff yourself.

I apologize, I meant a substantive response:

I've previously read the Romney site you posted, but it's a slick web-site that looks great, but, NO DETAILS.

"On his first day in office, Mitt Romney will issue an executive order that paves the way for the federal government to issue Obamacare waivers to all fifty states. He will then work with Congress to repeal the full legislation as quickly as possible"

That doesn't address my question, it just links me to a slick web-site from a politician.

I'm a MA resident:

Mr. Romney has, as long as I've experienced him, modified his positions repeatedly in terms of economics, role of government, women's rights, abortion, taxes, etc, in order to find success in whatever position he's running for, whether its Senator, Governor, or President.

He's playing politics when he says that he'll repeal 'Obamacare'.

Last edited: