repo man

stoni24

Of all the bs that we have to put up with each day, why do we have to repo damn dish and directv receivers! "Hello sir, I'm here for a pickup to Spartanburg SC." Uuuummm We don't have anything to be picked up. "Yes u do, it's the box on top of ur TV that u decided to quit paying for!!!!"

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Because I get paid either way, as do you. Dish network call tags are the lightest and easiest stops I have, not to mention I get a free stop out of it for three days.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went to a house yesterday with a RS Label, Mrs. Patel didn't speak or understand a word of English. She understood me enough to give me the still un-opened box and she refused to take it back when I tried to explain that it needed something in it. I gave up and slapped the label on it, back it went.

I went to a house yesterday with a RS Label, Mrs. Patel didn't speak or understand a word of English. She understood me enough to give me the still un-opened box and she refused to take it back when I tried to explain that it needed something in it. I gave up and slapped the label on it, back it went.
Me speak a no Engliss..Just keep working so I get my foodstamps and free cellphone....Tanku very much..!!!!!!!!!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Me speak a no Engliss..Just keep working so I get my foodstamps and free cellphone....Tanku very much..!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a couple named Patel on my route. They work about 14 hours a day at the little convenience store that they own. They dont get food stamps, and they speak English a hell of a lot better than I speak Indian.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There is a couple named Patel on my route. They work about 14 hours a day at the little convenience store that they own. They dont get food stamps, and they speak English a hell of a lot better than I speak Indian.

They may even speak English better ... if you consider the Queen's English to be the paradigm.

40 and out

No wonder dish network costs so much, I end up picking up less than 1 out of 10 call tags they send me out with. Their shipping costs for RTS call tags has to be enormous.

Buck Fifty

All the Patels on my route make more a year than I do. Just Saying.

Indecisi0n

This is how it goes for me:
(knock knock)
Hello Mama/Sir you have a return?
Nope
Have a nice day.

​Takes about 15 seconds.

probellringer

What's more mind boggling is when you do pick them up- they already have a greenish ARS label on them- i guess it's provided in the empty box..

S

serenity now

What's more mind boggling is when you do pick them up- they already have a greenish ARS label on them- i guess it's provided in the empty box..

that's correct * i apply my label directly over that one to streamline the diad recording

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Along the same line are the residences that get their biweekly overnite envelopes from Citibank requesting a mortgage payment. Find myself delivering Amazon, HSN, QVC etc to these same people many times each week. Feel like sitting them down and giving a lesson on personal responsibility and finances. Pay your damn mortgage before you keep hoarding all the crap or you will need a large shopping cart when you are out on the street.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are there any drivers besides me who will do "one and done" on these call tags, telling the consignee where they can bring their returns if they are home and pkg is not ready or leaving the tags between the doors if they are not home?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Are there any drivers besides me who will do "one and done" on these call tags, telling the consignee where they can bring their returns if they are home and pkg is not ready or leaving the tags between the doors if they are not home?
Not here. Shipper paid for three attempts and that is the service I will give them, even though I know it is a waste of time.
​Actually had a coworker last year, with a huge target on his back, issued a warning letter for sheeting one of these call tags as missed.

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
In my area Verizon Fios is the big winner, they even use Sat. Air to ship the empty box. They would be just as wasteful to just waive the outstanding bill than to continue to waste money shipping empty boxes that usually end up as part of a young child's "fort"

UPSGUY72

The call tags are redundant. There are ARS labels inside the empty boxes that we drop off.... The only thing the call tag does is get UPS to go to the house as a another attempt to get the people to return the receivers....