repo man

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am given "x" number of stops per day.

A stop is a stop, whether it be a dead RS3 calltag, or a 125lb piece of fitness equipment going up to a 3rd floor apartment. It all pays the same. Call tags are pieces of paper that weigh less than one ounce, walking one up to a door 3 times and sticking/scanning a delivery notice seems like pretty easy money to me.....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Customers pay us to make three attempts, no matter what. Anything else is not doing your job/or falsifying records. You can't just make up your own rules as you go along. I actually pickup more Dish Network boxes than I used to years ago. A lot of people switch services to get a better deal these days, I recently dropped Comcast and went to AT&T. I think drivers that don't attempt RS tags should face discipline for not doing what they are paid to do. With GPS it would be very easy to prove a driver is falsifying delivery records.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I delivered an empty box to what appeared to be a vacant farmhouse. I bagged it and stuck it by the gate. A month later the call tag came to pick it up. I rts'd the tag. The box in the bag is still sitting by the gate.

kingOFchester

This Superdave guy has me perplexed.

1) Makes a RS3 a "one and done stop".
2) Constantly bashes those who he feels are "padding stops".
3) Thinks we should be paid 23 an hour.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
This Superdave guy has me perplexed.

1) Makes a RS3 a "one and done stop".
2) Constantly bashes those who he feels are "padding stops".
3) Thinks we should be paid 23 an hour.

4) Eight hour days every day.
5) Hanging out in the food court on the clock because he got "slammed."

Life is good in the BOG.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The only proper way to "one and done" an RS3 tag if the party doesnt know anything about it would be to scan the tag select non del refused then canceled. You cant just stop complete the tag if you dont pick up something.

S

serenity now

The only proper way to "one and done" an RS3 tag if the party doesnt know anything about it would be to scan the tag select non del refused then canceled. You cant just stop complete the tag if you dont pick up something.

Dave can

soberups

There is an abandoned home on my route with a dish stuck to the roof. The people who used to live there moved out over two years ago. A couple of months after they left, I got a call tag for the dish. I made 3 attempts, stuck 3 notes to the door. The front door is covered and sheltered from the wind, and after two years I can drive by and still see those notices stuck to the door. The roof of the place is about to collapse and when it does that dish will go with it.

kingOFchester

There is an abandoned home on my route with a dish stuck to the roof. The people who used to live there moved out over two years ago. A couple of months after they left, I got a call tag for the dish. I made 3 attempts, stuck 3 notes to the door. The front door is covered and sheltered from the wind, and after two years I can drive by and still see those notices stuck to the door. The roof of the place is about to collapse and when it does that dish will go with it.

Superdave would accuse you of padding stops. You had knowledge that the tenant had moved out, but yet you continued to make attempts. Or bash you for some other baffling reason.

Anyway, shame on you for doing the three attempts you were paid to do.

Indecisi0n

Superdave would accuse you of padding stops. You had knowledge that the tenant had moved out, but yet you continued to make attempts. Or bash you for some other baffling reason.

Anyway, shame on you for doing the three attempts you were paid to do.

And like always no one would care.

barnyard

KTM rider

I sheet those as 'non-delivery' moved. Take to the clerk and let them deal with it.

kingOFchester

I sheet those as 'non-delivery' moved. Take to the clerk and let them deal with it.

Sounds good until you make a wrong call. Said it before, say it again, I do not get paid to think. UPS wants total control and dictate every step I take, every move I make, every mile I drive, which stop in which time and so on. Probably better to do what Sober did then trying to make a better business decision that could backfire.

Again, what you suggest makes the most sense, but we are dealing with a regime that likes to call all shots, which usually mans stepping over a dollar to pick up a penny.

soberups

I considered doing that, but I could see the dish still mounted to the roof. It could have been possible that the customer, who was still on the hook for the bill, would have called Dish Network and made arrangements to go back there and get the dish off the roof and boxed up for return in order to avoid additional fees.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I considered doing that, but I could see the dish still mounted to the roof. It could have been possible that the customer, who was still on the hook for the bill, would have called Dish Network and made arrangements to go back there and get the dish off the roof and boxed up for return in order to avoid additional fees.

Ummm, no disrespect meant, but the call tags are for the recievers in the house, not the dish on the roof.

I have a couple of the dishes, if anybody wants one.:angry: