Report in pay

OutOfTheKnow

Alright, so I have no doubt that this subject has come up many times. I've got a manager trying to give me 2 hours instead of 4 for report in pay. Our conversation was interesting. I'm on the schedule to work 4 1/2 hours on my day off. He tells me he'll make sure I get my 2 hours cuz he doesn't like to screw people over. I'm telling him that policy very clearly states 4 hours or my full scheduled time, whichever is lower. He keeps saying, "yeah yeah I know policy but all us managers and the senior got on a conference call with HR and said it's not fair right? HR agreed yeah it's not fair so you only get 4 on a regular work day but not Saturday bc it's a short day and everybody else only works 4 hours so we can't pay you the same as what they actually work." WTF, right? Did I miss something in policy? That sounds like bull:censored2: to me. I've been getting paid 4 hours report in on any given Saturday that I'm sent home without work for years, and this guy has even put in 2 but my manager will change it to 4 when I bring it to his attention. I'm going to talk to my manager Monday again as I always do and see if the conversation goes dofferently than normal. Not only that but he keeps me there for almost 30 minutes after arguing with him for 10, to, get this, TELL ME STORIES ABOUT HIS LIFE. I care about a lot of people and I always love listening to people tell me their stories. But I'm frankly about done with patience with this guy. He frequently cuts my hours and gives my work to guys who don't want it. He did this when I was in the middle of buying a house, he's doing it now when he knows I'm having a baby and these other guys fight with him to give me hours but he just won't budge cuz my numbers don't fall under him. I'm still polite, bit idgaf about your life dude. If I don't vent I'm afraid I'll explode on the guy and get myself into some hot water. I'm not the only one tired of this guy's :censored2:, but like me, nobody can seem to get anywhere when reasoning with him. I know his guys get into it with him, but somehow he's always got favor with the stations senior. Anyway...

MAKAVELI

Alright, so I have no doubt that this subject has come up many times. I've got a manager trying to give me 2 hours instead of 4 for report in pay. Our conversation was interesting. I'm on the schedule to work 4 1/2 hours on my day off. He tells me he'll make sure I get my 2 hours cuz he doesn't like to screw people over. I'm telling him that policy very clearly states 4 hours or my full scheduled time, whichever is lower. He keeps saying, "yeah yeah I know policy but all us managers and the senior got on a conference call with HR and said it's not fair right? HR agreed yeah it's not fair so you only get 4 on a regular work day but not Saturday bc it's a short day and everybody else only works 4 hours so we can't pay you the same as what they actually work." WTF, right? Did I miss something in policy? That sounds like bull:censored2: to me. I've been getting paid 4 hours report in on any given Saturday that I'm sent home without work for years, and this guy has even put in 2 but my manager will change it to 4 when I bring it to his attention. I'm going to talk to my manager Monday again as I always do and see if the conversation goes dofferently than normal. Not only that but he keeps me there for almost 30 minutes after arguing with him for 10, to, get this, TELL ME STORIES ABOUT HIS LIFE. I care about a lot of people and I always love listening to people tell me their stories. But I'm frankly about done with patience with this guy. He frequently cuts my hours and gives my work to guys who don't want it. He did this when I was in the middle of buying a house, he's doing it now when he knows I'm having a baby and these other guys fight with him to give me hours but he just won't budge cuz my numbers don't fall under him. I'm still polite, bit idgaf about your life dude. If I don't vent I'm afraid I'll explode on the guy and get myself into some hot water. I'm not the only one tired of this guy's :censored2:, but like me, nobody can seem to get anywhere when reasoning with him. I know his guys get into it with him, but somehow he's always got favor with the stations senior. Anyway...
It is 4. If he continues to try to give you only 2, go above him to HR.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
IMG_1040.JPG Drop him some knowledge

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm telling him that policy very clearly states 4 hours or my full scheduled time, whichever is lower.

Policy very clearly states nothing of the sort. If it did, you would be telling us that you printed out section [whatever] from the People Manual and gave him a copy.

!Retired!

Report in pay only applies if you have work and CHOOSE to go home, giving up the work you have. This also cancels your 35 hours of minimum pay for the week. Otherwise, you should be getting 7 hours of minimum pay regardless of whether you work the 4 1/2 scheduled or sent home after the sort.