Republican

tieguy

Banned
I find liberals despise the concept of having morals and principles to live by.

I find conservatives try to live by morals and principles and usually have liberals looking to blast them when they fail.

I find a conservative's moral code is usually as solid as the 50 cent bumper sticker it's printed on.

Why don't you go ahead and abort a few more babies and then tell us where our morality has gone astray.

Oh, tie, you are so very wrong on every level with that post. But, go ahead and put it on another bumper sticker and thank you for proving my point.

Don't worry you're safe from our bumper stickers. You need a conscience to feel guilty.

My conscience is fine. You need depth to get beyond a bumper sticker. You'll be fine with your bumper stickers.

ML--Quoting P.J. O'Rourke as a conservative thinker? That would be like electing Al Franken to the Sen...oh, well I guess ya go with who ya got.:happy2:

I'm looking for O'rourke bb I don't see him. You're response about a bumper sticker is typical. Liberals tend to dismiss the importance of selecting principles to live by as something to post on a bumper sticker.
Conservatives on the other hand recognize the importance of those principles and recognize that the liberals success in chastising those principles is what has resulted in this country being so screwed up.
Just remember the worlds heading over a cliff and you have your hands on the steering wheel. If you had paid attention to even one of those many bumper stickers you might still safely be on the highway.:wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
P. J. O'Rourke

Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2001 1:22:36 PM by EveningStar

I have only one firm belief about the American political system, and that is this: God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat.
God is an elderly or, at any rate, middle aged male, a stern fellow, patriarchal rather than paternal and a great believer in rules and regulations. He holds men accountable for their actions. He has little apparent concern for the material well being of the disadvantaged. He is politically connected, socially powerful and holds the mortgage on literally everything in the world. God is difficult. God is unsentimental. It is very hard to get into God's heavenly country club.

Santa Claus is another matter. He's cute. He's nonthreatening. He's always cheerful. And he loves animals. He may know who's been naughty and who's been nice, but he never does anything about it. He gives everyone everything they want without the thought of quid pro quo. He works hard for charities, and he's famously generous to the poor. Santa Claus is preferable to God in every way but one: There is no such thing as Santa Claus.
Heh, I always thought that was the only thing they had in common :wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
I'm looking for O'rourke bb I don't see him. You're response about a bumper sticker is typical. Liberals tend to dismiss the importance of selecting principles to live by as something to post on a bumper sticker.
Conservatives on the other hand recognize the importance of those principles and recognize that the liberals success in chastising those principles is what has resulted in this country being so screwed up.
Just remember the worlds heading over a cliff and you have your hands on the steering wheel. If you had paid attention to even one of those many bumper stickers you might still safely be on the highway.:wink2:
Well maybe the highway's not worth staying on. Maybe it's time for some serious off-road adventure. Put on a clean Depends undergarment, strap yourself in (it is the law) and hang on tight! Don't worry, as you say I have my hands on the steering wheel (most of the time). YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAA

Have DMAX will travel!!:happy2:

tieguy

Banned
Well maybe the highway's not worth staying on. Maybe it's time for some serious off-road adventure. Put on a clean Depends undergarment, strap yourself in (it is the law) and hang on tight! Don't worry, as you say I have my hands on the steering wheel (most of the time). YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAA

Have DMAX will travel!!:happy2:

should be fun until you reach that sudden stop.