Republicans/Conservatives Can't Reduce Gov't

wkmac

That IMO is a statement of fact but not in my typical way of gooding many of you good republican types. I'm stating it as fact or maybe a question too that even if they wanted too, they couldn't. Why would I even suggest such a thing? Well it has to do with something I just stumbled on and specifically the comments on the lead page at the link below.

Here's just a taste or maybe for those of us who believe in limited gov't I should say a bad taste!
:happy-very:

"but take out the jobs financed by government and it may well be that we haven't created one new net job in 13 years."

http://www.ppinys.org/reports/2004/economy04.pdf

If that is just one State, then what has it been like for the nation as a whole? We may in fact be more a huge welfare state than we realize or want to admit but what happens when the tipping point is reached where there are more public sector jobs that consume taxes than there are private sector jobs that are paying in the taxes. Is this another unspoken demographic social security nightmare that no one wants to admit or address?

Bad Gas!

You think you have big government now.Just wait til Obama wins the election.You ain't seen nothing yet...woo-hoo..

tieguy

Banned
That IMO is a statement of fact but not in my typical way of gooding many of you good republican types. I'm stating it as fact or maybe a question too that even if they wanted too, they couldn't. Why would I even suggest such a thing? Well it has to do with something I just stumbled on and specifically the comments on the lead page at the link below.

Here's just a taste or maybe for those of us who believe in limited gov't I should say a bad taste!

wkmac you've made this point quite a few times? I think its common knowledge that the bush administration is a spending one with their war in iraq?

wkmac

wkmac you've made this point quite a few times? I think its common knowledge that the bush administration is a spending one with their war in iraq?

I know.
:wink2: