Requesting a rebid, is it possible?

Brown box man

To make a long story short, I’ve been the cover air driver for 5-6 years I went full time then got dqed. During my qualification period someone with less seniority than me got the air job I’ve been waiting for, he just quit 2 months in. Now it sounds like they’re going to go off the old bid sheet that I am not on to refill the position. I’m going to the union ASAP, anybody have any experience with something like this?

DriverNerd

Did he make seniority? In our hub, if a bid winner doesn't make seniority it goes to the next on the list. If they do, then it must be reposted as their bid. I would assume this is true at most locations.

Brown box man

Did he make seniority? In our hub, if a bid winner doesn't make seniority it goes to the next on the list. If they do, then it must be reposted as their bid. I would assume this is true at most locations.
It’s a part time bid he didn’t have to make seniority it was his as soon as he took it

DriverNerd

I can't find any wording in the master that would put this as a continuation of a previous bid. All it says is:

(g) Bidding Procedure

Air driver jobs shall be subject to the appropriate bidding procedures in the applicable Supplement, Rider or Addendum.

Check your supplement.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

To make a long story short, I’ve been the cover air driver for 5-6 years I went full time then got dqed. During my qualification period someone with less seniority than me got the air job I’ve been waiting for, he just quit 2 months in. Now it sounds like they’re going to go off the old bid sheet that I am not on to refill the position. I’m going to the union ASAP, anybody have any experience with something like this?
What supplement are you under?

Here it would have to be rebid after it was vacated.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How come you got DQ’ed?