Requesting Demotion

AlliSeeisBrown

I started FT Driving officially this past week. Low and behold I managed to get a pretty generous job offer for what I went to college for. Pays well, great benefits etc...It's an office job though. I want to remain active and I don't like going to gyms. Just wondering if I could request to go back to the local sort. If it's possible, how would I do it? I don't really want to ask the center team quite yet because the transition isn't absolutely complete and I don't want them to get all pissy like they normally do when things don't go their way.

UPSGUY72

I started FT Driving officially this past week. Low and behold I managed to get a pretty generous job offer for what I went to college for. Pays well, great benefits etc...It's an office job though. I want to remain active and I don't like going to gyms. Just wondering if I could request to go back to the local sort. If it's possible, how would I do it? I don't really want to ask the center team quite yet because the transition isn't absolutely complete and I don't want them to get all pissy like they normally do when things don't go their way.

Did you make your 30 days or just start driving and on your 30 days ??? If you made your 30 days the short answer is NO. If your on your 30 days DQ yourself and you'll go back to what you were doing before.. Just make sure that is what you want to do. Talk to your shop steward they will be able to help you...

AlliSeeisBrown

Did you make your 30 days or just start driving and on your 30 days ??? If you made your 30 days the short answer is NO. If your on your 30 days DQ yourself and you'll go back to what you were doing before.. Just make sure that is what you want to do. Talk to your shop steward they will be able to help you...
I was a qualified RTD before hand so I believe I just rolled right into it. All they told me was 30 days accident/injury free and I'm golden.

ManInBrown

I was a qualified RTD before hand so I believe I just rolled right into it. All they told me was 30 days accident/injury free and I'm golden.
Sounds like if they told you 30 days accident and injury free you might be good to go back. Did you complete that 30 days? If you did you're screwed

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The offer must not have been that generous if you feel the need to work a second job.

As the others said, if you are still in your packet you can self DQ and go back to loading package cars. If you have completed your 30 days your choices are simple-----continue driving or quit and focus on your new job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Good luck working all those hours.

AlliSeeisBrown

The offer must not have been that generous if you feel the need to work a second job.

As the others said, if you are still in your packet you can self DQ and go back to loading package cars. If you have completed your 30 days your choices are simple-----continue driving or quit and focus on your new job.
I wouldn't need a second job. Wouldn't be about the money. It would be more about remaining active. I'm young and not married with kids yet so I would have some extra time to kill on the weekdays.

Must be one hell of a job offer, with unheard of benefits and pension. Wish you were in my center!
It's a local government job so the benefits and pension are there. The pay is actually comparable to top driver without the OT.

AlliSeeisBrown

Sounds like if they told you 30 days accident and injury free you might be good to go back. Did you complete that 30 days? If you did you're screwed
That's what I'm confused about. They have all told me I was a qualified RTD, but I never completed the packet or anything lol. After a week of driving I still haven't seen or heard anything about it.