Requirements

I've heard that there's only 2 things I need to become a driver, a high school diploma and driver license. But, what I don't have is a high school diploma since I've dropped out. Have they ever asked you guys to show your high school diploma when you guys signed up to become a driver?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Whoever said this to you may have been technically correct, but in most areas the competition is such that they actually prefer to hire college students. Almost no one is ever hired as a FT driver off the street. If you dropped out, and are honest, they'll notice this on the application. If I were you, I'd seriously consider getting my GED. Then at least you won't have that to worry about.

Whoever said this to you may have been technically correct, but in most areas the competition is such that they actually prefer to hire college students. Almost no one is ever hired as a FT driver off the street. If you dropped out, and are honest, they'll notice this on the application. If I were you, I'd seriously consider getting my GED. Then at least you won't have that to worry about.
I've thought about it but doing PT preload and another FT job almost makes that impossible.

MendozaJ

I think the question is if I lie on the online application and check off "graduated GPA 4.0" will they ask me for proof?

I don't even know where my diploma is if they asked for it.

I've thought about it but doing PT preload and another FT job almost makes that impossible.
I'm assuming you're still very young so my advice would be to study and take the GED test. Reason for this is you never know what tomorrow will bring. Meaning you can get hurt and become unable to continue your driving career or your interest can change which they often will do. I have three degrees and a career and still work part time at UPS. I worked two full time jobs and attended college full time to pay for my education. Yes it was hard but worth it. Now I have the option to apply for positions that requires only a high school diploma to a master level education. Should I lose my career I'll be okay because I have experience in other areas such as UPS etc. to fall back on. Keep in mind that education is about creating opportunities for yourself. There is nothing worst than feeling trapped especially as requirements for positions are moving towards requiring at least a college degree. Ups is moving towards that direction. The first day of training at UPS the center manager came in and the first question asked was "does anyone have college degrees." So just some food for thought.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think the question is if I lie on the online application and check off "graduated GPA 4.0" will they ask me for proof?

I don't even know where my diploma is if they asked for it.

Will they ask to see your diploma? No.

Would a basic background check include your education history? I don't know.

HardknocksUPSer

I'm assuming you're still very young so my advice would be to study and take the GED test. Reason for this is you never know what tomorrow will bring. Meaning you can get hurt and become unable to continue your driving career or your interest can change which they often will do. I have three degrees and a career and still work part time at UPS. I worked two full time jobs and attended college full time to pay for my education. Yes it was hard but worth it. Now I have the option to apply for positions that requires only a high school diploma to a master level education. Should I lose my career I'll be okay because I have experience in other areas such as UPS etc. to fall back on. Keep in mind that education is about creating opportunities for yourself. There is nothing worst than feeling trapped especially as requirements for positions are moving towards requiring at least a college degree. Ups is moving towards that direction. The first day of training at UPS the center manager came in and the first question asked was "does anyone have college degrees." So just some food for thought.
The first day of what kind of training? Maybe their looking for management material. I'm pretty sure management does not want employees who are equally as smart or smarter than they are, (this is the case now) but anyhow..

ups1990

I know drivers who didn't graduate from HS but went on to receive college degrees. Back when I applied, UPS didn't ask for it nor did they ask the guys who got hired around the time as me. I assume this has always been a requirement for employment but do new hires have to produce a hard copy of their diploma or GED?

Pooter

Get your GED. I'm sure they offer online courses.

I bet youre not next in line for FT so grab a GED, learn manual trans while you wait and not worry when the time comes.

P.s not everyone qualifies for FT driver so grab a GED to open a few more doors in your 1 life.

Gear

Parts on Order
I've heard that there's only 2 things I need to become a driver, a high school diploma and driver license. But, what I don't have is a high school diploma since I've dropped out. Have they ever asked you guys to show your high school diploma when you guys signed up to become a driver?

2 requirements? This isnt NASA, our drivers arent flying space shuttles. Lets cut those requirements down to one, a driver's license.