Residential or Business Stop?

clean hairy

First, any idea how to correct the subject line?
Person on a complaint site runs a Business out of their home.
Complaining he gets his deliveries late every day.
Considering he has houses all around him, it is Residential Delivery and not a Business delivery?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Considering he has houses all around him, it is Residential Delivery and not a Business delivery?
This is pretty clear on the ups website.

If it's actually out of his house then it's a resi. He can order 1 package a day air if he wants it early.

T

Turdferguson

Does he have a public entrance? Posted business hours out front? If not its residential. Make him last stop of day

worldwide

Always go to the source that creates the definition that the charges apply to. From UPS tariff:

"Residential refers to an address that is a home, including, but not limited to, a business operating out of a home. If an address can be construed as either Residential or Commercial, then it will be considered Residential."

barnyard

KTM rider
Doesn't matter if he also lives at the same address. Posted hours or not. It's a resi.

Disagree with that. I used to deliver to a jewelry store that had a separate entrance, posted hours and employees. It is clearly a business and in all the time I delivered there, there was only 1 Saturday air driver that mistook it for a residence and I think the only reason she did, is because they were closed and she wanted to leave the package without a signature.

I also cover a route that has a screen printing business in her home. It has an unmarked separate entrance, she has 8 employees, but no signs and no posted hours. She was treated as a residence until she opened a PU account.

I deliver to lots of places that are auto repair places in buildings separate from homes. Many of them have employees, some are businesses, some are not. Seems to be kind of random. I suspect it is a squeaky wheel thing.

Johney

I believe UPS's policy is if your address has posted hours and a separate public entrance then they will considerate it a commercial address. Which most resi's do not.

oldngray

nowhere special
I believe UPS's policy is if your address has posted hours and a separate public entrance then they will considerate it a commercial address. Which most resi's do not.

The Avon lady and the guy who sells stuff on ebay aren't commercial. Office out of home is a commercial if it has a separate entrance with posted hours.