Resigned in December, where is 2017 vacation pay??

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by Former-upser, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Former-upser

Former-upser New Member

I resigned my position after 20 years mid December. From my understanding I am supposed to be getting my vacation pay that I had already earned for the following year. How long does it take?? Anyone else encounter not getting your pay?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Single digit midget!

You have to work at least day in the following year to get your vacation pay.

3. They should have paid you off in a week or two

4. Former-upser

Former-upser New Member

If you earned the vacation already you still get paid from what I have been told. Spoke with supervisor and he said it would come in mail

5. That's the way it is here.

6. Former-upser

Former-upser New Member

By the way, I live in florida

7. The best answer I can give you is to call the union hall on Monday and ask them if you are entitled to it. Every area of the country is different.

8. rod

rod retired and happy

Call me a fool but I think I would have checked this out BEFORE I resigned

9. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Did you "resign " during the middle of peak on them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. burrheadd

burrheadd Esquire

If so "good luck"

11. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

I wonder if he "resigned " during the middle of the day on a Wednesday. Then told them he "resigned " two hours later

12. burrheadd

burrheadd Esquire

Dude might get his money but he's gonna have to chase it

13. rod

rod retired and happy

20 years down the tubes---man I want to know what happened.

14. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

I got feeling he will have a fight on his hands.

15. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

He resigned. Makes it sound so civil and sophisticated. I guess better than saying I went bat :censored2: crazy and told them to eat the :censored2: out of the crack of my A* with a big wooden spoon

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. rod

rod retired and happy

that's more like it

17. brownelf

brownelf Active Member

Vacation time is accrued from your FT seniority date to the last day you worked at UPS on your final year. You need almost 9 months to work enough ST hours(1250) to get 100% of your vacation time. If you haven't hit the 1250 hrs you should get a percentage depending on your hours worked. I just retired at the end of January and took 4wks of my vacation time and left the last 3 wks on the books for a payoff. Still waiting on that money and have been told it may not be till after my seniority date in April before I get a check in the mail.