Response,what’s the goal?

NC man

As usual the company does something but doesn’t tell us why.They don’t have too but would be nice for them to say we are gonna do X and here’s why.
Is the Mem hub short staffed,overwhelmed so moved frt to Indy with later flight and mid day routes at my station and many others. More frt being moved to Ground,dont see it so don’t know how much.
The mid day routes have too big of an area to cover with nbr of stops so bring stuff back every day.
Only have 60 to 70 stops a day but still getting 10 hours because they have five reg pups on me that I end up waiting for ready time.OT is thru the roof at our station,if this was supposed to save money I don’t see how.
What the hell, less work, more pay!

Fergus Mahoney

You guys have it brought to you?we take what comes in am and go,others del 2nd wave
Yeah it's shuttled out. Sometimes we wait 30 minutes on the clock for it. Managers think we should all just work 10-12 hours and shut up about it. It sucks people are quiting and it just gets worse. It takes alot just to walk in that building everyday.

Stat41

I was told it was to improve service, streamline the operation, and decrease overtime pay. Sooo, hows that workin for ya?

MAKAVELI

I see no evidence where I am that it’s doing 1 or 3. Maybe it’s just streamlining.
Streamlining what? There's simply not enough hours in the day and manpower to make this work. They should have started at the station level first before even thinking about hub level.

MassWineGuy

Streamlining what? There's simply not enough hours in the day and manpower to make this work. They should have started at the station level first before even thinking about hub level.

I agree 100 percent. The only thing I see as possibly saving money is canceling the a.m. flights from Indy. Now, the mid-day flights haul P2s and lots of P1 s with various commit times. Which is to say, they’re already late when they reach our station. I don’t really know of one person who understands nor is happy with this program.

Even if lots of veterans quit, the OT for those paid less will be crazy. I’d love to know what mor-on green lighted this. Richard Smith comes to mind.

MAKAVELI

I agree 100 percent. The only thing I see as possibly saving money is canceling the a.m. flights from Indy. Now, the mid-day flights haul P2s and lots of P1 s with various commit times. Which is to say, they’re already late when they reach our station. I don’t really know of one person who understands nor is happy with this program.

Even if lots of veterans quit, the OT for those paid less will be crazy. I’d love to know what mor-on green lighted this. Richard Smith comes to mind.
I think it's a shell game. Cancelling AM flights most likely means increasing mid-day flights. You've got to realize why they actually mix the volume in the first place. To maximize each flight as much as possible. I seriously doubt they are saving anything on actual flights.

Aquaman

I think the big problem is the Hubs are understaffed. They can’t get flights out on time sorting P1 & P2... there’s just no way. So splitting the freight and only sorting P1 makes the sort quicker. Fly out P1, then sort P2 which the company doesn’t really care about lol. But the problem is they can’t even get the P1 flown out on time. The BIGGER problem the company is dealing with is pay. I can tell you in my area we are the lowest paying warehouse job around. Starting handler pay is like $14.20 or something. You can find 50 warehouse jobs in this same zip code paying $19-$23 per hour. There are Ground signs everywhere offering $22/hr lol. We’re not competitive anymore at all. And my station is mandating drivers to work the sort. This problem isn’t going away. Idk what the company is going to do when they’re forced to increase pay $5 or $6 an hour. They probably won’t, and idk what that’ll mean for Express but it’s not good...

Aquaman

I agree with @Aquaman -- also -- maybe LMO isn't bleeding enough off to help the hubs, so that's why they are adding this.
I heard (now it’s just hearsay) that they’ve increased pay at the hubs $3/hr to lure people in. Now I’m sure that increase is temporary. But it’s pretty sad when pay is bumped $3/hr and you’re still not competitive enough to fill the positions.

MAKAVELI

I think the big problem is the Hubs are understaffed. They can’t get flights out on time sorting P1 & P2... there’s just no way. So splitting the freight and only sorting P1 makes the sort quicker. Fly out P1, then sort P2 which the company doesn’t really care about lol. But the problem is they can’t even get the P1 flown out on time. The BIGGER problem the company is dealing with is pay. I can tell you in my area we are the lowest paying warehouse job around. Starting handler pay is like $14.20 or something. You can find 50 warehouse jobs in this same zip code paying $19-$23 per hour. There are Ground signs everywhere offering $22/hr lol. We’re not competitive anymore at all. And my station is mandating drivers to work the sort. This problem isn’t going away. Idk what the company is going to do when they’re forced to increase pay $5 or $6 an hour. They probably won’t, and idk what that’ll mean for Express but it’s not good...
The only way I see FedEx getting things right is to eventually combining Ground and Express like the UPS model. Keeping us separate has worked for a good while but the lack of efficiency is catching up fast and will be the downfall of the company if they don't change it. They know this and that's why they are try to bleed freight off to Ground.

throwaway10

I agree with @Aquaman -- also -- maybe LMO isn't bleeding enough off to help the hubs, so that's why they are adding this.
LMO, while I don't know the true numbers, but our local Ground is Bouncing a lot of LMO back to express, I had at least 5 on friday that I noticed relabeled and a now a day late(due thurs)