Rest in peace brother.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Below is a GoFundMe link for a driver in our building, Local 355, who passed away a few days ago due to pneumonia/complications from COVID. He spent the last half year on disability due to a motorcycle accident which required multiple reconstructive surgeries. Around the end of December he was admitted to the hospital after contracting severe COVID from which he succumbed to this week. He leaves behind a young wife, two wonderful little girls and most likely a mountain of crushing medical bills.

I know his family would appreciate any help from fellow upsers across the country.

Thanks

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Below is a GoFundMe link for a driver in our building, Local 355, who passed away a few days ago due to pneumonia/complications from COVID. He spent the last half year on disability due to a motorcycle accident which required multiple reconstructive surgeries. Around the end of December he was admitted to the hospital after contracting severe COVID from which he succumbed to this week. He leaves behind a young wife, two wonderful little girls and most likely a mountain of crushing medical bills.

I know his family would appreciate any help from fellow upsers across the country.

Thanks

Is there an update to the gofundme? Sounds like he’s still alive just in the ICU not doing well at all. Not trying to split hairs, this is tragic either way just didn’t know if there is still hope for Zach.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Stay off the motorcycles if you have a family , you don’t look that cool anyways.

So now the site says covid was cause of death?
I think it was the motorcycle accident that was the main cause.

RIP UNION BROTHER ✊🧔

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Stay off the motorcycles if you have a family , you don’t look that cool anyways.

RIP UNION BROTHER ✊🧔
Sounds like he was recovering from the accident, and wouldn’t have died if he hadn’t contracted COVID. It’s a tragedy either way.

El Correcto

god is dead
Getting put under and surgery can suppress your immune function. You catch covid and a lung infection after going through multiple surgeries in a short span of time I could see that being fatal.

Sad when a young dad dies, only 29 years old with two kids.

El Correcto

god is dead
I’ve met a guy that just laid his bike down the wrong way with a helmet on. Caused some pretty severe brain damage. Honestly just shoot me at that point.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

Technically it was pneumonia caused by COVID. He spent over a month in the hospital and was in and out of consciousness during his final few days. I don't specifically know what treatments he received. He was planning on starting physical therapy for the accident last I spoke with him.

quad decade guy

Technically it was pneumonia caused by COVID. He spent over a month in the hospital and was in and out of consciousness during his final few days. I don't specifically know what treatments he received. He was planning on starting physical therapy for the accident last I spoke with him.
To be clear: RIP.

Now, how do we know exactly what Covid did or didn't do.....serious question.

542thruNthru

3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

A man died and left a family behind. You as a man with a wife that has cancer should have more compassion instead of your political BS.

Imagine getting the same question to your face if your wife died. Is it really that important to you at that moment?

quad decade guy

View attachment 371239

A man died and left a family behind. You as a man with a wife that has cancer should have more compassion instead of your political BS.

Imagine getting the same question to your face if your wife died. Is it really that important to you at that moment?
Political? Never entered my mind. I'm triple vaxed and got Covid AFTER being fully vaxed......do I sound political?

People get pneumonia all the time(me included). Have for 100,000 years.

Especially after a devastating accident of ANY KIND.

A declarative statement was made.....

I was crystal clear about my sympathy.

BTW, I didn't ask his family or wife anything......I did ask a random internet poster.

And Champ....don't lecture(bully) me about morality.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

RIP UNION BROTHER ✊🧔
Definitely cool but anyone who rides can tell you near miss stories. Drivers simply do not see you often. Any bike accidents can be very unforgiving. Is it worth the risk, especially if you have a young family to support? That's for you to decide. For me it would be a no.

As for covid, it is a legitimate question as we see many in the not vaccinated group getting hit hard by this flu. Everyone has to decide for themselves. Every decision has its own risks and rewards.

Last edited:

DriverNerd

Definitely cool but anyone who rides can tell you near miss stories. Drivers simply do not see you often. Any bike accidents can be very unforgiving. Is it worth the risk, especially if you have a young family to support? That's for you to decide. For me it would be a no.

As for covid, it is a legitimate question as we see many in the not vaccinated group getting hit hard by this flu. Everyone has to decide for themselves. Every decision has its own risks and rewards.
Of course we agree with you that if he wasn't wearing a helmet or did something stupid while riding and if he wasn't vaccinated then how are we really supposed to feel sorry for him. I certainly don't if those things were the case, but I certainly do feel bad for his family. The loss of a husband and father at such a young age is detrimental to a family (and friends). Add to that losing an income that UPS provides is devastating especially considering having children, medical costs, and funeral arrangements.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Of course we agree with you that if he wasn't wearing a helmet or did something stupid while riding and if he wasn't vaccinated then how are we really supposed to feel sorry for him. I certainly don't if those things were the case, but I certainly do feel bad for his family. The loss of a husband and father at such a young age is detrimental to a family (and friends). Add to that losing an income that UPS provides is devastating especially considering having children, medical costs, and funeral arrangements.
Either way we all can feel sympathy for his family. Hopefully he had the foresite to financial protect his family.

You young family men and woman, term is cheap, and you need more than you think, just in case.

El Correcto

god is dead

View attachment 371239

There’s a pretty big difference in asking someone whose loved one dies of cancer if the cancer got them and asking internet people about 29 year old dying of covid.
29 year olds have a super high survival rate for covid infection, it’s kind of a shocking death. At the same time it is a pretty well known fact that being put under and having your body operated on cause you to have a weaker than average immune system during your recovery. My dad had a surgery during this covid :censored2:, the doctors were worried about that and wanted him vaxxed, so did I. He ended up getting a little sick a couple months after it but survived at almost triple this guy’s age.

I don’t think quad is trying to disrespect this guy’s family over dying of covid.