Restroom

davburke

What if a driver has to use the restroom? Does supervision have to allow the driver to go find a restroom regardless of production? I've heard stories of pee bottles and drivers pooping in the back of package car

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are encouraged to take advantage of public restrooms whenever possible; however, I have never had a supervisor instruct me to use the back of the package car as my personal restroom.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I piss in bottles for the most part...are we required to take a break if we go number two or is that time paid? I've clocked out for a break if it's gonna be a messy one but usually I'll just do it quick

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The route I'm on has one available public restroom. Pure resi, I would double my miles if I went back and forth to take a leak

GenericUsername

Depending on the route you should always be near a restroom within a 2-5 minute range, depending on traffic and lights. I'm sure there are routes out there where this isn't feasible though. In the moments I've been in a jam I've always had a fountain drink cup to use rather than a bottle. Won't miss then!

NXA

Just, ya know, since we're way into TMI territory, make sure it's more than 20 oz capacity.

As regarding time, if I can get it done in "sorting the truck " time, I'll just get it done. Longer, I'll punch my 10-min break.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes, you can find a restroom. No one expects you to become an animal.
jacob-transform-into-a-wolf-o.gif

Faceplanted

Every time I get an ojs ride I'm sure to have the urge to urinate when I'm at my farthest spot from a restroom.

I use bottles usually but if they want to give me a production ride as a harassment tool (9-5 list) I have No problem following proper procedure all day, even if that means a 15-20 min round trip to tinkle

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Every time I get an ojs ride I'm sure to have the urge to urinate when I'm at my farthest spot from a restroom.

I use bottles usually but if they want to give me a production ride as a harassment tool (9-5 list) I have No problem following proper procedure all day, even if that means a 15-20 min round trip to tinkle

With the company focus being on "safety"....

Constant hydration, is encouraged. Right ?

;)

-Bug-