Retaliation Lawsuit Allowed to Proceed

LagunaBrown

At first I didn't believe this, but I did find it online. However, I would not put this supervisor up as a poster boy to support your position.

I have no reason to post anything untrue or without validity ( especially in our district and state, I wish Tieguy would do a little more research as you did before making his hawkish remarks ). It was mentioned to point out that laws are in place to protect employee right's regardless of whether they are union or not. Union's give a much better platform for resolution and more than enough chances to avoid litigation through its process. We all know the reality here is employee relations are no longer as important as they once were. That goes from top to bottom, union and management respectively . There is no poster boy here, just a big elephant in the room everyone has been ignoring.

tieguy

Banned
Oh I see, you must be in management.

Ok, really, Tieguy? Are you going to continue to write about something of which you know nothing? Because the only thing you're proving is that you know NOTHING - about this case anyway.

FYI I do know that this driver had not been disciplined or suspended, otherwise UPS would have proved it but they FAILED to do so. Yes, that's right, UPS proved nothing! And yes, this case went through its proper channels.

Jumping to conclusions withouI t any facts is dangerous and it makes a person look personally and professionally unreasonable. Do yourself a favor and wait until the outcome before you write about this any further.

Happy Holidays!

Did you need me to repost the question I previously provided you. I'm eager to have you answer those questions and show me the error in my ways?
I'm surprised you did not jump all over the opportunity to do so?

everytime I see one of these threads you guys always make it sound like someone did a summary execution. I've been to enough labor panels over the years to know it
takes a tremendous amount of work to fire someone through the unions arbitration process.

So yes when I ask you for specific information I do so knowing what it took for the company to fire your saint.

LagunaBrown

Did you need me to repost the question I previously provided you. I'm eager to have you answer those questions and show me the error in my ways?
I'm surprised you did not jump all over the opportunity to do so?

Wouldn't that be confidential or proprietary information that could effect the lawsuit? Nice try but you will have to wait like the rest of us till it's over.

tieguy

Banned
Wouldn't that be confidential or proprietary information that could effect the lawsuit? Nice try but you will have to wait like the rest of us till it's over.

bathroom lawyers everywhere. At this point we're discussing the disciplinary record of an unknown driver in california. the details of the arbitration would actually be public record if one knew which local was involved. As such someone who was truly close to this case could disclose whether there was a panel decision rendered and speak to that persons disciplinary record.

you guys are desperately trying to contine this charade.

dadelous

bathroom lawyers everywhere. At this point we're discussing the disciplinary record of an unknown driver in california. the details of the arbitration would actually be public record if one knew which local was involved. As such someone who was truly close to this case could disclose whether there was a panel decision rendered and speak to that persons disciplinary record.

you guys are desperately trying to contine this charade.

dadelous

Bathroom lawyers, please, the facts are that if one person felt this way it would be questionable, however when ups employees begin to relate to managements treatment/ mistreatment. How unfortunate that UPS may now be known as DIVIDED parcel service, formally UNITED. Shame on UPS, center management, and IBT!!!

tieguy

Banned
Bathroom lawyers, please, the facts are that if one person felt this way it would be questionable, however when ups employees begin to relate to managements treatment/ mistreatment. How unfortunate that UPS may now be known as DIVIDED parcel service, formally UNITED. Shame on UPS, center management, and IBT!!!

ah another new poster. ring the cow bell.

see I agree with you. I want someone to reveal the guys disciplinary record leading up to his discharge so I can see what really mean people we management folks are. this thread was a great way to reveal how someone got screwed by the company. that is until I asked for details. suddenly everything is a big secret. go figure.

LagunaBrown

ah another new poster. ring the cow bell.

see I agree with you. I want someone to reveal the guys disciplinary record leading up to his discharge so I can see what really mean people we management folks are. this thread was a great way to reveal how someone got screwed by the company. that is until I asked for details. suddenly everything is a big secret. go figure.

LOL... What make you think anyone has to give you anything? I especially love the " I want " thing. Why don't you go through U.P.S. if you want it so bad or are they keeping it a big secret too. Someone is on a high horse.

Last edited:

22.34life

I tend to disagree. I think the california court system is the problem there. Perhaps the driver can share his settlement with the next people to lose their jobs there due to corporations fleeing your state.

It takes so much time and effort to fire this driver through the normal processes. Yet somehow the driver was abused when we sat him down a zillon times and told him to get his mind right.

I could be wrong though. Was every driver who complained in california fired by UPS or was there something special about this guy?
it is very difficult to find a lawyer who will take this kind of case because we have a contract with a strong union and the process we use is much like a court process already.for this case to have even made it this far means he must have a legit case,im sure more people are fired for the same thing but most dont fight it past the panel hearing.

brownpride22

Looks like UPS is at it again. When they want to get rid of you they will find a way. A famous quote from one of the center managers "we can get rid of you legally of illegally" I hope this guy wins.
It's a shame when UPS is allowed to do this to good people.

brownpride22

I would disagree we have one of the weakest unions I have seen in years. That's probably why they were able to fire him in the first place. A strong union would have won his grievance on the first level.

In my humble opinion, if this judgment was passed down, then the judge too believes he has a case. I mean, wouldnt UPS have to present ALL their evidence to the judge as to why they felt this case should be dismissed? It seems that UPS has a trial on their hands. I too hope this employee gets his just deserved. So many people do not have the gumption to fight for whats right.
Keep fighting... I hope UPS will start to treat their employees better!!!!

INTHEOC

Dear Tieguy,

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that opining without facts is the most ignorant thing to do. Lawyering? Really? No just being far smarter than you.

Shame on UPS for placing such a narrow minded individual such as yourself in a position of management. And until UPS recognizes that mistake, the suits will continue. In an earlier posting, you mentioned "fishing", however, the only one fishing on that frozen lake is you.

By the way, the profile picture fits you perfect - quack in a tie.

tieguy

Banned
wow you really told me off. I hope you didnt break your arm patting yourself on the back.

Let me rephrase and see if your paying attention. you guys keep saying the guy got screwed over. I keep asking you to prove your point. You keep dodging the question.

Yet for some reason I'm the one getting lectured on being narrow minded.

roflmao

dadelous

everyone out there part/full time realize that every time we question management, they in turn blame the judicial system, we are asked to "prove it" to who?? management,,,,, how about we prove it in court. we will let our evidence do the talking. a position even management cannot deny. strength in numbers, is the only way to change things. this driver deserves to tell his story. as will ups. one thing is for sure....this is huge...and could set the ball rolling in the employees favor. turn the tides for equality and fairness. that ups will finally have REALISTIC expectations & no more " you have 195 stops a pick up string of 35 pick ups, but you must be under 9.5, or we will discipline you, and if you cut corners we will discipline you too. 'stress begin"

tieguy

Banned
the fact is if you want to sue a corporation california is the place to go.

So far we have a lot of brand new posters here saying the guy got screwed over. Does anyone have an facts to make your case with or is this just a trolling pity party?

TheDick

Anybody found the public record for this case? Maybe the arbitration stuff? I'm not sure where to google. PM if you dont wanna post up.