Retaliation Lawsuit Allowed to Proceed

tieguy

Banned
No lecture at all. I'm just pointing out an obvious fact that you created with your reckless comments.
I have nothing prove to you. "I keep asking you to prove your point" is simply your way of fishing. Well, I guess the fish aren't biting today. If you feel entitled to the information, then do the research. I suggest you start by researching the difference between state and federal courts.[/QUOTE

YEA FOR SOME REASON MY ASKING YOU TO PROVE YOUR POINT IS RECKLESS ?

LET ME KNOW IF YOU COME UP ANY FACTS

Returntosender

How can any information taken from a blog be taken as relevant? It could be anyone making the statements anonymously and totally inaccurate. You would think posts from "Joeblow" at BC wouldn't hold any weight and get laughed at as proliferated hearsay. Good video post about social media monitoring though I am gonna check Lagunabrown.com for bots and spiders after that.

You are right. However there is post named" terminated but where is proof by Crash." In that post Crash says his posts that are on B/C was brought up during his panel hearing. Crash could be lying but I doubt it. In court the B/C posts could be used as hearsay by the plaintiff and could be considered personal knowledge, or Relevance by the defendent"UPS" Think about it, UPS is using deductive reasoning to figure out who is Crash in the greivance system. Then UPS matchs the name on file with the exact same facts with a name on B/C who also has the exact or similar facts as the name on file. If Crash intial statements about his termination don't match up with what he posts on B/C then UPS can create doubt in his story, inorder to get the judge/jury to agree with UPS.

As crazy as the following may sound. Why don't you set a trap if you're Union? Grieve some issue. Take daily notes on how management treats you from the date of filing. If the grievance is'nt resovled at step 2. Let it take it's course to step 3. Why step 3 because at 3 district labor is now involved, wait for the notification that it's at 3. Then write about your grievance on B/C. Within a few days, management is gong to treat you very differently. They will escalate/deescalate the hositlity towards you.

Earlier I said "I don't believe Crash is lying about his post being brought up at panel" because. UPS will go jump through hoops to make sure they win. Look around you at work LP,Center teams sups are driving around in rental cars spying on drivers. If UPS can go to this level of extreme to make sure they win cases against drivers ranks. Then UPS will go to other extreme levels to make sure they win outside of the driver ranks.

That just what I think. I may be relativity new to UPS but from what I've observed UPS is the closest thing I have experienced to being commited into an insane asylum. There's alot crazies "Management and hourly" at UPS either you jump on the wagon with the crazies or get you vicitimized by the crazies.

hypocrisy

Banned
[video=vimeo;7200492]http://vimeo.com/7200492[/video]

Debbie Curtis-Magley runs UPS' department that monitors social media. Look at the video. I've spoken with her before.

As I recall, there are two part time people that monitor ALL social media. I do not believe there is an BC monitor.

She is a nice person. I'm sure that if asked, she would honestly answer.

Google her. You can see other blogs from her.

This was from 2008 so I'd be interested in how things have changed. I'd note the "social media guidelines" were just recently released.

At 29:11 she is specifically asked about posts that Drivers create. I think it's more interesting what she doesn't say, preferring to use benign examples such as Bejing and NASCAR.

I have no doubt that UPS is actively monitoring BrownCafe and actually wish they would. It would be nice if this was used as a more dynamic and candid version of the UPS Helpline to root out the growing cancer in our company. Unfortunately, a more likely scenario will be to terminate prolific drivers under "Willful, wanton, and malicious damage to Company property" e.g. the UPS Brand.

pretzel_man

This was from 2008 so I'd be interested in how things have changed. I'd note the "social media guidelines" were just recently released.

At 29:11 she is specifically asked about posts that Drivers create. I think it's more interesting what she doesn't say, preferring to use benign examples such as Bejing and NASCAR.

I have no doubt that UPS is actively monitoring BrownCafe and actually wish they would. It would be nice if this was used as a more dynamic and candid version of the UPS Helpline to root out the growing cancer in our company. Unfortunately, a more likely scenario will be to terminate prolific drivers under "Willful, wanton, and malicious damage to Company property" e.g. the UPS Brand.

I met Debbie this year. I asked about the BC. She said no.... Send her an email...

I found her to be very open and honest.

steamroll

How could tieguy make any judgement on this former ups driver's disciplinary record when tieguy doesn't know the facts. this former ups driver had a clean record. This former ups driver was a standup person who filed grievances standing up for his rights. In fact there's a lot retaliation when members file grievances against when ups violates the collective bargaining agreement. Also a lot of oversupervision goes so far that the supervisor is all over when you can't even work. This what i call worker profiling. watching over you and standing right next to you. Returntosender you're right about the crazies on panic mode is what i call it. some act like 5 year old on candy can't stand still and there's way too many 30 something year olds that act like teenagers. I guess a fortune 500 company like UPS can't hire more serious mature people. DON'T WORRY MY FORMER UPS DRIVER FRIEND, THE TEAMSTER LOCAL LEADERSHIP THAT THREW YOU UNDER THE BUS WILL GET THEIRS ON ELECTION DAY. THE SECRETARY TREASURER IS ALREADY SCARED. PEACE OUT I GOT LOVE FOR YA MY FORMER UPS DRIVER FRIEND

tieguy

Banned
How could tieguy make any judgement on this former ups driver's disciplinary record when tieguy doesn't know the facts.

I keep asking for those facts. Are you the one that will provide them? give us his entire disciplinary record so we can all see how he got screwed over.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
You claiming the hub but you don't back it up
Fool... and when they catch your a** they gonna mess you up
So when you got it going and you got it going good
You better bring back something for the hub
How could tieguy make any judgement on this former ups driver's disciplinary record when tieguy doesn't know the facts.

I keep asking for those facts. Are you the one that will provide them? give us his entire disciplinary record so we can all see how he got screwed over.

SWORDFISH

I would like some info on this case if its available can someone message me. UPS treats people like this everywhere so the more ammo to fight back the better. Thanks in advance.

pretzel_man

I would like some info on this case if its available can someone message me. UPS treats people like this everywhere so the more ammo to fight back the better. Thanks in advance.

Just do a Google search on Retaliation Lawsuits. You will see lots of lawyers willing take your case. Let us know how it goes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How could tieguy make any judgement on this former ups driver's disciplinary record when tieguy doesn't know the facts. this former ups driver had a clean record. This former ups driver was a standup person who filed grievances standing up for his rights. In fact there's a lot retaliation when members file grievances against when ups violates the collective bargaining agreement. Also a lot of oversupervision goes so far that the supervisor is all over when you can't even work. This what i call worker profiling. watching over you and standing right next to you. Returntosender you're right about the crazies on panic mode is what i call it. some act like 5 year old on candy can't stand still and there's way too many 30 something year olds that act like teenagers. I guess a fortune 500 company like UPS can't hire more serious mature people. DON'T WORRY MY FORMER UPS DRIVER FRIEND, THE TEAMSTER LOCAL LEADERSHIP THAT THREW YOU UNDER THE BUS WILL GET THEIRS ON ELECTION DAY. THE SECRETARY TREASURER IS ALREADY SCARED. PEACE OUT I GOT LOVE FOR YA MY FORMER UPS DRIVER FRIEND

I think the Secretary Treasurer is more afraid of your UFO alien friends. Can you tell us how you met them?

SWORDFISH

Just do a Google search on Retaliation Lawsuits. You will see lots of lawyers willing take your case. Let us know how it goes.

I dont have a case just good to have the info for anyone that might need it. Im suprised UPS doesnt get sued all the time w/ all the things I see and hear. I dont think the trend will change till that happens but hopefully Im wrong.

LagunaBrown

You don't need to know the facts cause there are more knowledgeable people working on this case. Bottom line is some supervisors are good and some are bad. An employee felt he was retaliated against thus exercised his rights. That is the law and we will find out the verdict soon enough.