Retire already before it is too late, Steve Jobs last words were right on point

The Milkman

Jobs.jpg
The last words of Steve Jobs -
I have come to the pinnacle of success in business.
In the eyes of others, my life has been the symbol of success.
However, apart... from work, I have little joy. Finally, my wealth is simply a fact to which I am accustomed.
At this time, lying on the hospital bed and remembering all my life, I realize that all the accolades and riches of which I was once so proud, have become insignificant with my imminent death.
In the dark, when I look at green lights, of the equipment for artificial respiration and feel the buzz of their mechanical sounds, I can feel the breath of my approaching death looming over me.
Only now do I understand that once you accumulate enough money for the rest of your life, you have to pursue objectives that are not related to wealth.
It should be something more important:
For example, stories of love, art, dreams of my childhood.
No, stop pursuing wealth, it can only make a person into a twisted being, just like me.
God has made us one way, we can feel the love in the heart of each of us, and not illusions built by fame or money, like I made in my life, I cannot take them with me.
I can only take with me the memories that were strengthened by love.
This is the true wealth that will follow you; will accompany you, he will give strength and light to go ahead.
Love can travel thousands of miles and so life has no limits. Move to where you want to go. Strive to reach the goals you want to achieve. Everything is in your heart and in your hands.
What is the world's most expensive bed? The hospital bed.
You, if you have money, you can hire someone to drive your car, but you cannot hire someone to take your illness that is killing you.
Material things lost can be found. But one thing you can never find when you lose: life.
Whatever stage of life where we are right now, at the end we will have to face the day when the curtain falls.
Please treasure your family love, love for your spouse, love for your friends...
Treat everyone well and stay friendly with your neighbours.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I know for a fact a man named James said this -- Come now , you who say , " Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit "- yet you do not know what tomorrow may bring. What is your life ? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes .

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it doesn't matter who said them......those words ring true.

before my father got very sick i asked him if there was anything he wanted to do, anything he wanted , anyplace he wanted to go ?

he said "no, I just want to stay around with my children and family and tell stories, eat big , drink big , watch old westerns , and sit out in the patio with the dogs in the evening ." ( am paraphrasing but that is the gist )

he had a lot of money and could do anything, go anywhere he wanted, or buy just about anything.

but all he treasured was being with his family and dogs.

a very good lesson from a very special father.

The Milkman

I know for a fact a man named James said this -- Come now , you who say , " Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit "- yet you do not know what tomorrow may bring. What is your life ? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes .

Jas 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away

Dohn

This site is the dark side of things. If you doubt the words, don't slam it, back it up. The article is more in the thought, the moment of reflection when the end becomes clear. Just saying