Retired after 36 years all full time.

mannbrown

he shoots he scores!!!!!!
You are very fortunate burheadd I didn't end up an extended route till 34 years in prior to that every route I had was 300 plus pkgs 130 plus stops and pickups! But that's ok I did what I had to do, i am outta there and still in one piece (for the most part) and life is GREAT!!!!!
[

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I think I might be joining you soon .
Had foot surgery in March and it still hurts .
I'm in no shape to continue working .
I was trying for 35 yrs pension credit , guess I'll have to settle for 34 yrs pension credit .

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Please don't take this wrong but how does a feeder driver get bad knees? The back from bouncing around I can see but the knees puzzle me.
Rod, you think I've been in feeders my entire career here? I did 14 months p/t as an unloader then a little over 9 years bumping off boxes as a package car driver. Being a big 'ol boy didn't help no matter where I worked, either.

Indecisi0n

I will never understand why people work past their retirement date. The less days here will mean better days when I'm gone. I'm counting the days.

Congrats.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will never understand why people work past their retirement date. The less days here will mean better days when I'm gone. I'm counting the days.

Congrats.

There are many reasons why people choose to work beyond their retirement date but the primary two that I keep hearing is that "I can't afford it" and "I'm not ready to quit working".

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

Congrats.
i started at this hell hole when i was 18, in order to have the all important insurance i will have to do this long after i can collect a check..time will tell