Retired after 36 years all full time.

clean hairy

Biggest bonus of retirement, instead of 6 or 7 weeks of vacation a yeat, you now get 52 weeks of vacation a year!
On second thought, you may not get 6 or 7 weeks off during the year when you see the list the Wife has compiled of stuff for you to do once you are retired!
Now you gotta take cooking classes, learn how to use the Washer and Dryer, along with ironing and folding the clothes, the yard work, vacuuming, and how to keep the place dusted and get it and keep it Model Home clean!
Add in the Grocery Shopping, along with all the misc stuff around the house that pops up that has to be done!
You might think back that working gave you more free time!
If you take a day or a week off, you have to get everything caught back up from the days you missed by being off!
Just messin with ya!
Again, congrats!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sorry, I just played tennis.
Maybe watched 3 or 4 matches in my life.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1431744793.404551.jpg

Coalminer2005

Congratulations. Take your retirement and enjoy. That's what you worked for and deserve. We have a brown bleeder at my center who has over 50 years and plans to die in the package car. UPS loves this man. Hope prudential is ready to money up if he gets his wish and is involved in an accident.

oldngray

nowhere special
I knew a guy who planned to work as a package car until he died but he got senile in his early 70's and did have to retire. He started forgetting things and driving past stops but the final straw was when he started getting confused and lost on his route (that he had been on for more than 30 years).

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I only stayed because both my kids were still in college> as far as my wife is concerned she is a wonderful woman. I told her we couldn't afford her scrapbooking addiction anymore SOOO she went to work at a place that sells scrapbooking supplies.HEY it worked(THANKS for all the GREAT feedback)
so what are you going to do now?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
so what are you going to do now?
From Post #1

As soon as the knee heals I will find a very low stress job, and it looks like between my retirement her income and my income we will be making close to what I was making at UPS. I'm only in my late 50s so I still have a few working years left. You all take care and get outta there before you are to crippled to enjoy life!!!!(PEACE TO YOU ALL)

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...-36-years-all-full-time.361597/#ixzz3aLB1gW6C

oldngray

nowhere special
From Post #1

As soon as the knee heals I will find a very low stress job, and it looks like between my retirement her income and my income we will be making close to what I was making at UPS. I'm only in my late 50s so I still have a few working years left. You all take care and get outta there before you are to crippled to enjoy life!!!!(PEACE TO YOU ALL)

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...-36-years-all-full-time.361597/#ixzz3aLB1gW6C

Too bad they eliminated Walmart greeters.