retired upser filing lawsuit against merrill lynch

beentheredonethat

I haven't heard anything outside the article. I think it's ridiculous about the lawsuit. He should lose, and he should pay to the other sides lawyers fees. He shouldn't get all the benefit of hyping his money and making a lot of money as the stock grows, but be able to sue, when his leveraged position catches him with his pants down.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I haven't heard anything outside the article. I think it's ridiculous about the lawsuit. He should lose, and he should pay to the other sides lawyers fees. He shouldn't get all the benefit of hyping his money and making a lot of money as the stock grows, but be able to sue, when his leveraged position catches him with his pants down.

Isn't this why you always see a disclaimer on investment products--"Invest wisely as you may lose money".

You are exactly right.....i am a retired management person.....and i had a hypo as well, but when you borrow you pay back and you dont get caught like this. There is no way he was not advised of his position by Merrill Lynch. I share you opinion 100%