Retirees Getting Together - Anyone else?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I attended a holiday get together of UPS employees today for 3 1/2 hours and really enjoyed myself.
We had management, administrative and drivers there.

The best thing... it was all about people. UPS did not come up except to say it was a good time to sell stock.

Any of the other retirees attend any get togethers like this?

oldngray

nowhere special
I attended a holiday get together of UPS employees today for 3 1/2 hours and really enjoyed myself.

The best thing... it was all about people. UPS did not come up except to say it was a good time to sell stock.

I see a couple of the other retirees at Krogers or Walmart (but they aren't lucky enough to be greeters). Does that count as a get together?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

You didn't call me!,:angry:

Hoax......enjoy's himself.??.................you should have done that in the privacy of your own home!...Not in front of other people!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't want to see any of them away from work.............
That was sort of the way I felt but UPS and work never came up.
It was like a high school reunion.

Also, I had not seen most of these people in 20 years and with my beard and long hair, not a single person recognized me.

rod

Retired 22 years
We get together once a month for breakfast. There are usually anywhere from 6 to 15 of us depending on what time of year it is and how many have gone south for the winter. The main topic of discussion is usually " who is lucky enough to keep their wife working after they retire". Also if you aren't there to defend yourself you get talked about. We have been known to stay so long at breakfast we move the meeting downtown to a bar.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Someone needs to take away Upstate's dislike button.....I miss the ability to rep...lol
Let him have the little things that bring him joy.
Hoax......enjoy's himself.??.................you should have done that in the privacy of your own home!...Not in front of other people!

Hoke started what had the potential to be a good thread until package added his 1 cent (his post wasn't worth the two). I voiced my opinion on his post and will continue to do so until I am asked by a mod or Cheryl to stop. It's a shame that certain members lack the ability to carry on an adult conversation.

Hoke started what had the potential to be a good thread until package added his 1 cent (his post wasn't worth the two). I voiced my opinion on his post and will continue to do so until I am asked by a mod or Cheryl to stop. It's a shame that certain members lack the ability to carry on an adult conversation.

And other than the fact we are former lovers I am dragged into this how?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
There's a big difference between joking around and lacking the ability to carry on an adult conversation. Being that you know everything, I'm surprised you are unable to make that distinction. We all can't be as perfect as you Dave....but you already knew that too! lol