Retirees

JackStraw

Are being asked if they would like to be casual drivers this peak. So far none have taken them up on the offer. LMFAO

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Nobody in their right mind would go back to this shiznitt hole to work xmas after their retired. After doing this job for 20 to 30 years and to the point where you hate the job that bad, no point in going to work during peak. Maybe if your hurting for money after you retire maybe, but that's just bad planning if your in that boat. No way in hell I would ever do it. I hate this job now so why the hell would I go back lol.

Re-Raise

I am enough of a disruption at work now. I can't imagine they would want me around influencing the younger drivers after I retire.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Go out there on a route with 300 stops, and drop the route 20 minutes into the day...oops
Gotta be careful with that. If you intentionally pull a route then leave it somewhere you open yourself up to civil liability because the company sustains real loss/financial damages due to an intentional negligent act.

Also, there are industrial sabotage laws on the books in some states and a federal "domestic terrorism" criminal charge that is a stretch that they could try to have it applied.

JackStraw

They actually called one guy whom the current center manager had tried to fire, and would always tell him he was the worst driver in the District. I could just see it now, " Jerry, you have no sense of urgency out here and your SPORH are way down. You need to pick up the pace"

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are being asked if they would like to be casual drivers this peak. So far none have taken them up on the offer. LMFAO
One thing I always missed by working at UPS was the ability to enjoy and participate in the Christmas/New Years Day season.
I think the first 5 or so years after retiring that there is no way I would be interested in working from Thanksgiving through New Years at any job.

oldngray

nowhere special
You can retire to The Deep South where...

1. You can rent a movie and buy bait in the same store.
2. "Y'all" is singular and "all y'all" is plural.
3. "He needed killin" is a valid defense.
4. Everyone has 2 first names: Billy Bob, Jimmy Bob, Joe Bob, Betty Jean, Mary Beth, etc etc.
5. Everywhere is either "in yonder," "over yonder" or "out yonder"..