Retirement Buyout / Later Retirement Age, will this impact our company?

What are you hearing about a retirement buyout for all above 55 and perhaps offers to those under 55? Will the retirement age for those that do not accept it will be raised, 59? 60? 62? Corporate America is concidering changes for companies that offer lucerative pensions and retirement plans.

UPS1907

Boy, there sure would be a lot of empty seats in operations if this happened. I doubt it will, because staff wouldn't have a clue what to do.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Nobody wants the operation seat as it is now! I was looking for some of my non-OPS partners on Friday those offices were dark and cold...lucky stiffs.

BrownTie

Nobody wants the operation seat as it is now! I was looking for some of my non-OPS partners on Friday those offices were dark and cold...lucky stiffs.

Non-OPS partners? Co-workers would be a better name, or just Staff. They were out, enjoying Black Friday, while you waited for your drivers to come in at 20:00 hours because the plan calls for a 105 SPC on a 7hour plan with a bigger area. :angry-very:

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Boy, there sure would be a lot of empty seats in operations if this happened. I doubt it will, because staff wouldn't have a clue what to do.

Staff employees have failed in operations. Operators have failed in staff positions. Operators have been successful in staff positions. Staff employees have been successful in operations. Some operators are lazy. Some staff are lazy. I could put names to every one of these scenarios.

The topic of raising the retirement age was discussed at the corp. level last year. The Mgt Comm. was told by Corp. Legal it was not doable. As for buyouts.....there would be no one loft to turn the lights out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The topic of raising the retirement age was discussed at the corp. level last year. The Mgt Comm. was told by Corp. Legal it was not doable. As for buyouts.....there would be no one loft to turn the lights out.
Finally, the retirement plan lockdown legality helps employees.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Non-OPS partners? Co-workers would be a better name, or just Staff. They were out, enjoying Black Friday, while you waited for your drivers to come in at 20:00 hours because the plan calls for a 105 SPC on a 7hour plan with a bigger area. :angry-very:
I guess your right..co-worker is a better name. Seems we were over-planned on Friday, I made an adjustment to the dispatch.. all went well.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I guess your right..co-worker is a better name. Seems we were over-planned on Friday, I made an adjustment to the dispatch.. all went well.

I ignore projections given to me because I have a crystal ball so I'm always right. All operators should do likewise, because they would always be right too, and their dispatch would always be perfect, and then IE wouldn't care about their projections being ignored.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
They always make adjustments to the dispatch its called bustin out routes and whoopin our azzes and i call it punching them right in the nuttz for doing it and being on the clock for 12 hours. Revenge is a bitty lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I ignore projections given to me because I have a crystal ball so I'm always right. All operators should do likewise, because they would always be right too, and their dispatch would always be perfect, and then IE wouldn't care about their projections being ignored.

Would you both agree that dispatch decisions should be based at the center level and that SPC is an abused/misused metric?

Has anyone heard what the topic of he "big" meeting in Texas was all about? District Manager and above had a 2 days meeting Dec 5th and 6th there.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Would you both agree that dispatch decisions should be based at the center level and that SPC is an abused/misused mem
Would you both agree that dispatch decisions should be based at the center level and that SPC is an abused/misused metric?

Everyone needs oversight. That's why I'm not a fan of our A/B share voting structure. Unfortunately SPC is a simple calculation that upper management can understand and easily calculate. When you try to have a more in-depth discussion about your dispatch they say they don't want to get "in the weeds." We're in the weeds along with spiders and snakes and such so I'm not looking for relief any time soon.

PhatAzz

Just repeat the one that was done in the 90's. Drop the age to 50, Half month pay for every year of service.............................................................
Just do it early enough in the year to keep the income tax man from being overjoyed.