Retirement calculator - Pension Estimated

Shiftless

As Far as I know there was no calculator, I called the WCT, gal says "YES" your qualified on this date, they just mailed me a set of papers with my options and I filled it in, sent it back and WALA a monthly check.

My retired health insurance is not thru the Teamster's, mine is run by UPS. I had to deal with them directly.

As far as UPS was involved, the HR person who handled my exit had this question? "Why all of a sudden are so many retiring"?
"It seems like more and more every week are leaving"? I could of gone into "baby boomer's are timing out". I chose to tell her that had she been around in the early to mid 70's when the company expanded to full service in the 48 states they were hiring like crazy and here we are 30 plus years later.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
our health benefits are run from Teamsters Benefit Trust .pretty good.
especially like the Part D for prescriptions that went into effect when i turned 65. ( this is not medicare )

now my scripts are 0 or 2-3 dollars.

MrWonderful

As Far as I know there was no calculator, I called the WCT, gal says "YES" your qualified on this date, they just mailed me a set of papers with my options and I filled it in, sent it back and WALA a monthly check.

My retired health insurance is not thru the Teamster's, mine is run by UPS. I had to deal with them directly.

As far as UPS was involved, the HR person who handled my exit had this question? "Why all of a sudden are so many retiring"?
"It seems like more and more every week are leaving"? I could of gone into "baby boomer's are timing out". I chose to tell her that had she been around in the early to mid 70's when the company expanded to full service in the 48 states they were hiring like crazy and here we are 30 plus years later.
I assume you retired before retirement calculator was established. You’re absolutely right about company expanding during mid 70’s. It lasted up till mid 90’s. Hope you’re enjoying fruits of your labor now. I’m hoping to do the same in couple of years. Cheers!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Had my interview with pension guy 5 years before retiring and his numbers were pretty right on. The calculator was the same.

Those last 5 years went by pretty fast. I thought it would be slow if you thought about retiring all the time but it really did go by fast.

I tell this to the package guys who deliver our packages. Things must be really bad since I left. They all talk about it like it's a prison sentence.

I actually enjoyed the job from the time left the property until I got back. The worse part was punching in meaning I had to see managers and dispatchers and punching out trying to quietly walking away without having to deal with a manager bitching about idle time or some other nonsense.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Had my interview with pension guy 5 years before retiring and his numbers were pretty right on. The calculator was the same.

Those last 5 years went by pretty fast. I thought it would be slow if you thought about retiring all the time but it really did go by fast.

I tell this to the package guys who deliver our packages. Things must be really bad since I left. They all talk about it like it's a prison sentence.

I actually enjoyed the job from the time left the property until I got back. The worse part was punching in meaning I had to see managers and dispatchers and punching out trying to quietly walking away without having to deal with a manager bitching about idle time or some other nonsense.
@frankie says that’s a bunch of malarkey
012C7D98-F23B-4FAE-A294-3433FDB3A2F6.jpeg

Shiftless

I assume you retired before retirement calculator was established. You’re absolutely right about company expanding during mid 70’s. It lasted up till mid 90’s. Hope you’re enjoying fruits of your labor now. I’m hoping to do the same in couple of years. Cheers!
Thanks!

Yes, when I retired I was 49. Almost 27 of those years as a feeder driver. Haven't worked since, we've done a lot of traveling, always a new or new to me Hot Rod or Motorcycle coming and going out of my garage. We both are in good Health. Luckily my kid's are doing well, making more working then I ever did. So I have no complaints! I am HAPPY WITH MY CHOICES and to be honest my Wife has been the best life partner I could ever have asked for!!!!!!!!!! That old adage "It takes two to Tango, in spot on"! Lotta work, but I just got Lucky!

In about 6 months it will be 17 years GONE! Like I have posted before, when I retired you would have thought I was the first to do so. I was told nothing of any calculator and it was left up to the retiree to deal with WCT and UPs as the local was CLUELESS!! Many after me had the same experience. All it took was due diligence to make sure the WCT and UPS Retirement Healthcare was seamless and ready to switch with out a hitch!

Straight up! Teamsters so far have done everything promised and so has UPS on my account, so its tough to complain! Or as the youngin's say "Dude, you worked in the Golden Year's"!

Life's about Choices! Makem and Enjoyem

MrWonderful

I actually enjoyed the job from the time left the property until I got back. The worse part was punching in meaning I had to see managers and dispatchers and punching out trying to quietly walking away without having to deal with a manager bitching about idle time or some

quad decade guy

What's a "pension guy"? Interview? Thanks.

quad decade guy

Long story...we do not want to go there...:overreactsmiley::yapyapyapf:
Who is we?

You could have simply answered the question......without malice.

So, this long story.......means.....a simple question must be met with hostility? Into perpetuity? Explain please...(p.s. I really know why....I'd just like to see you explain the hate....)(for the newer folks).

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Who is we?

So, this long story.......means.....a simple question must be met with hostility? Into perpetuity? Explain please...(p.s. I really know why....I'd just like to see you explain the hate....)(for the newer folks).

It was never meant to be directed to you...we have about the same number of years in..over 40. I know what it takes to survive in our work environment, we seen then come and go, literally..You are a survivor and I have the upmost respect to anybody with over 20 years with this Company, no matter the politics or tie clip.

I have a history dealing with trying to get correct information about my own retirement, both from the Union and Company...I am sorry if you thought that I directed any hostility toward you, it was never intentional....:bigsmile2:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It was never meant to be directed to you...we have about the same number of years in..over 40. I know what it takes to survive in our work environment, we seen then come and go, literally..You are a survivor and I have the upmost respect to anybody with over 20 years with this Company, no matter the politics or tie clip.

I have a history dealing with trying to get correct information about my own retirement, both from the Union and Company...I am sorry if you thought that I directed any hostility toward you, it was never intentional....:bigsmile2:
He’s very touchy

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Who is we?

You could say “hello, good morning” to him and he will take it as an insult/personal attack … shrug

quad decade guy

You could say “hello, good morning” to him and he will take it as an insult/personal attack … shrug
Well, let's try it.....civility.

As much as you don't like me.....or think I'm stupid...

I can detect hate/belittling....general sorriness.....overt or passive/aggressive.

Now, I strive to be thoughtful, helpful and enjoy stimulating intellectual conversations. Alas, that's asking a lot from some of this crowd and we just usually don't get past the first post......