retirement gift

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They mailed me mine, maybe a week or two after I retired. Not a form per se, just instructions on where to find it. It's all on upsers.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
When I retired after 39+ years I told management I didn’t want any recognition or even to mention that I was leaving! The other day 12/16/20 the UPS driver that delivers to my house ask how I had the day off so close to Christmas 😂. Hell there are probably people at the center still looking for me! When I left UPS I left UPS! I only want a monthly check to remember them by. They can keep their trinkets!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I finally got the letter in the mail with the ordering code. I couldn’t pull the award website up on UPSers.com so I contacted the vender. I’m disappointed in the selections, they are valued at about $175.00. They used to give out riding lawnmowers and shotguns, nothing like that anymore. I haven’t decided what to pick yet.

oldngray

nowhere special
I finally got the letter in the mail with the ordering code. I couldn’t pull the award website up on UPSers.com so I contacted the vender. I’m disappointed in the selections, they are valued at about $175.00. They used to give out riding lawnmowers and shotguns, nothing like that anymore. I haven’t decided what to pick yet.
Most of the selections are probably closer to $100 in real world prices. Not great but not that bad either. Better than nothing.

I agree nothing like they used to be.

rod

Retired 22 years
Most of the selections are probably closer to $100 in real world prices. Not great but not that bad either. Better than nothing.

I agree nothing like they used to be.
So UPS actually give out retirement gifts now? I know when I retired I didn't get anything from the company other that a 30 year service plaque that was shipped by mail about 6 months later. The Union did come through with a set of cheap chrome plated plastic "Retired Teamster" license plate frames, a cheap China tool set that consisted of about 8 sockets- a ratchet and pair of pliers and a screwdriver and a nice gold plated ballpoint pen that says Teamster Local 638 on it. :-)

oldngray

nowhere special
So UPS actually give out retirement gifts now? I know when I retired I didn't get anything from the company other that a 30 year service plaque that was shipped by mail about 6 months later. The Union did come through with a set of cheap chrome plated plastic "Retired Teamster" license plate frames, a cheap China tool set that consisted of about 8 sockets- a ratchet and pair of pliers and a screwdriver and a nice gold plated ballpoint pen that says Teamster Local 638 on it. :-)
I got nothing from the union. They stopped caring when I stopped paying dues. The UPS gift did take months and it was a choice of things from an online catalog.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Yeah the award site through UPSers wasn't working 2+ years ago when I was trying to order either. Had to call the reward center directly to order. I submitted the issue to tech support at UPSers at the time. Glad to see they got right on it! lol. Typical of anything UPS related.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

You should get the faux diamond and gold pinkie ring. Everyone one will know you are a Teamster.

:biggrin:

They don't even recognize drivers at the PCM that are retiring.

It used to be a big deal

friend* this place

Funny you say that.

Recently saw 2 drivers that they didn't do anything for.

Then a driver that was married to a retired upper-echelon management person, they went all out for with a catered

breakfast. It made me cringe when the driver gave a 3-page written speech highlighting their career. One week later, they

had to do the same thing for someone they hated. (to save face) He punked them and didn't show up....

quad decade guy

You should get the faux diamond and gold pinkie ring. Everyone one will know you are a Teamster.

Funny you say that.

Recently saw 2 drivers that they didn't do anything for.

Then a driver that was married to a retired upper-echelon management person, they went all out for with a catered

breakfast. It made me cringe when the driver gave a 3-page written speech highlighting their career. One week later, they

had to do the same thing for someone they hated. (to save face) He punked them and didn't show up....
Who is "they"? The company?

Why were you at the breakfast?

Did/do you care....about the driver or the one "they" hated?

Did your Local do anything for these drivers? What did YOU do?

After the driver didn't show, what happened? Did "they" cancel the breakfast?

Had the hourly and upper mgt people been married while employed?

Thanks.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Who is "they"? The company?

Why were you at the breakfast?

Did/do you care....about the driver or the one "they" hated?

Did your Local do anything for these drivers? What did YOU do?

After the driver didn't show, what happened? Did "they" cancel the breakfast?

Had the hourly and upper mgt people been married while employed?

Thanks.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

fullsizeoutput_1619.jpeg
I did get a watch, my job steward started my ceremony presenting it to me. I still haven't figured how to take extra links out of it.

It's strange how retirements happen from Center-to-Center. My manager wouldn't look me in the face after I told him I picked my date in October. We do decent retirement ceremonies in my Hub. The same manager didn't do a thing for a couple of drivers that retired from a nearby Center in the same Division.