Retirement information meeting

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My district is holding a Retirement Information Meeting next month to give attendees information on retiring. This is the first I've ever heard of such a thing. Have any of you had something like this in your district?

McFeely

Huge Member
My district is having one as well on the 20th I believe. Although I care greatly about retiring, I'm not sure what they'll have to share will be anything I haven't already heard.

Also, it's about a 50 minute drive for me on a Saturday, so guess who has two thumbs and isn't going?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My district is having one as well on the 20th I believe. Although I care greatly about retiring, I'm not sure what they'll have to share will be anything I haven't already heard.

Also, it's about a 50 minute drive for me on a Saturday, so guess who has two thumbs and isn't going?
I'm going. Might learn something.

outtatime

It was mandatory for us to attend a few years ago and I thought it was silly for me to attend since I'm a long ways away from retirement. However, it was actually beneficial and had some good info. The HR retirement lady really knew her stuff and could answer any question. If you are close to retirement in the next 5 years or so I would suggest attending. It's not the usual FX blow smoke meeting. It's not a sales pitch, just some good info.

vantexan

My district is holding a Retirement Information Meeting next month to give attendees information on retiring. This is the first I've ever heard of such a thing. Have any of you had something like this in your district?
When I cashed out my portable pension in 2013 my mgr assured me they'd have my money to me in about 3 weeks. Turned out to be 3 months. Getting this kind of info to couriers can only do good.