Retiring January 1st

trickpony1

Suppose this were your business. If the option was there to "transfer" your retirees to a government plan you would jump on it in a heartbeat.

I understand.
My friend wanted to go on medicare and have teamsters insurance like his wife is getting be his secondary because it's better than most crap supplemental's that don't cover vision or dental.

This is really a simple proposal that, apparently, is difficult to understand.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
...then why would they offer insurance to a spouse than never paid a penny in and never did a minute of union labor.

My friend seems accurate when he said. "when you retire the union drops you like a hot potato. They couldn't care less about someone who paid in for 30+ years but they seem to care about my wife.".

is she not 65?

ACmoses

I am retiring 1/30/20. I will get my 6 weeks earned in 2019, 5 sick days and 5 PH paid out. My current insurance will be paid up for 2 months after I retire. First Pension check is 2/1/20. Starting 4/2020 I will be on the retiree health plan and will have to pay for it. It is not really hard to do your own research and planning...
So...Can you receive a pension check while on your vacation when you retire?
My vacation re-populates on 1/23. I want to retire Feb 1st. If I take my last 6 weeks of vacation into march, would I be able to receive my first pension check Feb 1st? No one has been able to give me a direct answer.

oldngray

nowhere special
. Our Local Joint Council offers retiree coverage, but it is $580 a month for yourself, 680 if you add your spouse. Still cheaper than going on the Exchange looking for a plan. The kick in the ass is the lifetime cap of 500k per person... I will have to some sort of Supplemental to kick in if I get a serious medical condition

That lifetime cap is the biggest difference with retiree plans. Caps supposedly ended with new rules after Obamacare - but those didn't apply to retirees.

bowhnterdon

That lifetime cap is the biggest difference with retiree plans. Caps supposedly ended with new rules after Obamacare - but those didn't apply to retirees.
My cousin works in the Health care Industry. When I told him I have a cap,he could not believe it. Unions went to Obama and asked for the exception for Retirees. It is so true that when you retire, NOBODY wants you on the books...including the Teamsters..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So...Can you receive a pension check while on your vacation when you retire?
My vacation re-populates on 1/23. I want to retire Feb 1st. If I take my last 6 weeks of vacation into march, would I be able to receive my first pension check Feb 1st? No one has been able to give me a direct answer.

Nope. The pension fund would have to wait until you are completely off the books before issuing your first check(s)----you would get both Feb and Mar on Mar 1st.

rod

Retired 22 years
Dear "Retiring Jan. 1st,
Due to the fact that you are the first person to ever retire from UPS all I can say is welcome to the club. Everyone who retires is treated like they are the first so good luck getting a straight answer out of anyone --Teamsters or Company.