retro and pay question

jds1973

I'm in local 710. I started 25.11 full time combo job in March 2013. What retro pay should I receive since I won't be out of progression till end of March.Also, what will be top pay? Thanks for any help

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
I'm in local 710. I started 25.11 full time combo job in March 2013. What retro pay should I receive since I won't be out of progression till end of March.Also, what will be top pay? Thanks for any help
You should receive retro for each hour you worked at the rate of pay you were at each hour. Each progression rate raise you received since August of 2013 would increase your retroactive pay amount in relation to that amount. You can access your back pay stubs on Upsers.com and do the calculations. 710s' website has a downloadable contract with the New pay rates to assist you on your calculations. As for your top pay, that new rate will be listed in the New contract book also. Congratulations on reaching top rate. I know it's a long time coming at that progression rate. Do yourself a favor and become familiar with all aspects of the contract. You will need that information from time to time, no doubt.

scisector9

Thanks for starting this thread as I have had a hard time wrapping my head around the in progression between contracts aspect as well. From my understanding talking to union and hr is that if you are in progression you will get the gwi raises for hours worked but will not be getting the higher starting rate for new full time drivers on the 4 year progression.

A couple of questions I had were since we are now 18 months past end of old contract will my new pay rate be 1.40 above what I make now or .70 above what my progression rate should be? And how long will it take for them to make that rate on my paycheck? I know retro checks will be within 45 days but will the wage increase be on next weeks check already or does that take awhile?

Thanks for help.

standtall

I
Thanks for starting this thread as I have had a hard time wrapping my head around the in progression between contracts aspect as well. From my understanding talking to union and hr is that if you are in progression you will get the gwi raises for hours worked but will not be getting the higher starting rate for new full time drivers on the 4 year progression.

A couple of questions I had were since we are now 18 months past end of old contract will my new pay rate be 1.40 above what I make now or .70 above what my progression rate should be? And how long will it take for them to make that rate on my paycheck? I know retro checks will be within 45 days but will the wage increase be on next weeks check already or does that take awhile?

Those are very tough and specific questions. Have you received your scheduled progression raises on schedule though this 18 month period between contract? You should go up to your new rate relative to your progression point on next week's check. If your progression has not been kept up with by the company (which it certainly should have been at least up to December 5 when the extension was cancelled) you should receive all of the back pay to make you whole. My suggestion has been toward all of my coworkers is to do the math yourself. These calculations can be quite involved, especially for workers in progression and even though buster brown is fairly accurate pertaining to payroll issues, these are prime circumstances for truly innocent mistakes to be made. There's a lot of money at stake here and knowing your still in progression, you most certainly deserve every bit of it. Good luck.

standtall

If the company has kept your progression rate increases current (and I certainly hope they have), your rate will increase to the new contractual rate relative to your progression point. You can not jump up to the new 4 year progression rate. That does suck but you will be finished with you progression much sooner, obviously so I suppose that's a positive point.

jds1973

I'm a 25.11 full time combo air driver. The progression for this classification is two years on the old contract as well as the new one. I was already in progression before Aug 1 2013. I've received the 12 and 18 month progression raises stated in the old contract. The new 710 agreement states all full time employees still in progression will receive the contract raises. ($.70 and .70) thus far. As far as top rate, I think it will be the top rate of the old contract plus the $1.40 (thus far) of the new contract. That's my thinking anyway.. I think our new rate of pay should be $1.40 above of what we are paid now. I'm calling the BA on Monday to get a better idea of what is going on. The progression part of this is what makes it hard to get a handle on.

standtall

I'm a 25.11 full time combo air driver. The progression for this classification is two years on the old contract as well as the new one. I was already in progression before Aug 1 2013. I've received the 12 and 18 month progression raises stated in the old contract. The new 710 agreement states all full time employees still in progression will receive the contract raises. ($.70 and .70) thus far. As far as top rate, I think it will be the top rate of the old contract plus the $1.40 (thus far) of the new contract. That's my thinking anyway.. I think our new rate of pay should be $1.40 above of what we are paid now. I'm calling the BA on Monday to get a better idea of what is going on. The progression part of this is what makes it hard to get a handle on.
You are absolutely right. The progression aspect is somewhat confusing. Good news= your almost done with all that.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ba says no retro pay for those in progression.
If you were covered under the National Master, as long as you were hired before August 1, 2013, you are entitled to the contractual raises and will be entitled to a retro check. If you were hired after August 1, 2013, you are not.

Article 41 of the National Master

Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases. They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with Article 41, Section 2 below

I have not seen 710's contract yet. It could be different. But I thought your language was always better than the Master.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ba says no retro pay for those in progression.
Article 3 Section C says that anyone who has attained seniority before August 1, 2013 will get the specified raise increases even though they are in progression.

Article 3 Section C

Full-time employees, still in progression on the effective date of this Agreement, shall receive the above contractual increases and will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with Section B above.

I would be checking with your BA again. The contract says you will get a retro check even if you are in progression as long as you obtained seniority prior to August 1, 2013.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If the company has kept your progression rate increases current (and I certainly hope they have), your rate will increase to the new contractual rate relative to your progression point. You can not jump up to the new 4 year progression rate. That does suck but you will be finished with you progression much sooner, obviously so I suppose that's a positive point.
Depends on when they started. Anyone that started after the contract extension is in 4 year progression. Been argued about many times on here.

Even though the old contract was "extended" the 4 year progression is retroactive.

jds1973

Article 3 Section C says that anyone who has attained seniority before August 1, 2013 will get the specified raise increases even though they are in progression.

Article 3 Section C

Full-time employees, still in progression on the effective date of this Agreement, shall receive the above contractual increases and will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with Section B above.

I would be checking with your BA again. The contract says you will get a retro check even if you are in progression as long as you obtained seniority prior to August 1, 2013.
That's the way I take it. I think he's wrong also.

scisector9

For what it's worth hr and the union at the team care/conyract meeting I attended last month said I would be entitled to retro pay but it would not surpass my seniority date raises.

So from my simple minds understanding if my seniority date is say February 1 I would receive retro pay until February but when I got my seniority date raise I would not receive .70 above that rate until August 1 when gwi hit again.

So instead of getting 1.40 on top of my progression rate I would only get .70 cents while top rate drivers get .70 first year and 1.40 august 2014-February 2015. I could be mistaken but thats how I understood it. If you were locked into a higher rate from your previous position that could be a different animal but not sure. Ft seniority July 2013 in 710. Hope I wasn't mislead

Cheers

standtall

Depends on when they started. Anyone that started after the contract extension is in 4 year progression. Been argued about many times on here.

Even though the old contract was "extended" the 4 year progression is retroactive.[/QUOTE
S

Standtall
You need to get a job or do some work
"Work" is in the eye of the beholder. From what I behold of you each day at 12:00, I can only say, "ditto".