Retro check tax rate

laffter

Last week, my part time sup, during our PCM, mentioned that he heard our back-pay would be taxed at 40%. In another thread, here, I read that it would be taxed at the normal rate.

Does anyone have any factual information about this?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This stuff drives me crazy. Look at this chart. Most of us are taxed between 15 to 28 percent. It seems more because the numbers go up on big checks.

2014-Federal-Tax-Brackets-1.png

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Taxed at your regular rate, I went thru a presentation today.
If you have any garnishments that are percentage of your weekly check that will also come out.

Dragon said:
Taxed at your regular rate, I went thru a presentation today.
If you have any garnishments that are percentage of your weekly check that will also come out.
Too bad we cant put It all in our 401k. Just like option week or personal days

Kae3106

Last week, my part time sup, during our PCM, mentioned that he heard our back-pay would be taxed at 40%. In another thread, here, I read that it would be taxed at the normal rate.

Does anyone have any factual information about this?
This stuff drives me crazy. Look at this chart. Most of us are taxed between 15 to 28 percent. It seems more because the numbers go up on big checks.

Here's a link to an online paycheck calculator. You can enter the wage amount and then tweak the taxes and deductions to see the effect on the net pay. http://www.adp.com/tools-and-resour...l-calculators/hourly-paycheck-calculator.aspx